Anmelden:     


Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Copy/Paste into Search

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Did we lose the ability to paste things into the search bar? Or copy from it and paste somewhere else? I know the keyboard mappings changed, but I seem to remember this working even after that update.

v8.5-64 b7151
 

geposted Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 6:36 pm
This never seemed to work again, unless I am missing something!
 

Pasting to searchbox works fine here.
The only things to keep in mind are:
1) Focus must be on the searchbox
2) You must use the new keyboard shortcuts mapping (not legacy)
3) If you use custom keyboard mapping then obviously CTRL+V (or CMD+V) must not be mapped to an action

PS: With defualt keyboard mapper you can paste something to searchbox like this:
F
Backspace
CTRL+V

F (or any letter actually) forces focus on searchbox and starts a search
Backspace removes the previous letter, but still keeps the focus on searchbox
Finally CTRL+V pastes the text

If you want you can map something like the "`" key (the key that's on the left of "1" key) as search
Then you can press that key and follow with CTRL+V
This makes pasting to searchbox a 2 steps process.
 

I had to re-map the CTRL+V script I had to get it to work, even with the focus on the search box. I don't believe it was always like that, but a small change to gain the functionality back.

Thanks!
 

Hello, can i ask a question?
 

That's what forums are for..
 

PatHaley wrote :
Hello, can i ask a question?

Only you & your psychiatrist would know the true answer to that question.

 



(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)