Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sound distortion issue
I have been djing for 25 years and have been using VDJ for many years within the last 5 years I added a MC6000MK2 controller I run the latest version of VDJ and windows 10. I was at a wedding a few months ago was a couple hours into the dance when the song I was playing becomes very distorted and I hear a popping sound unsure what the problem was I was able to stop the song and reboot everything and started and everything worked as normal well this problem has gotten worse and very sporadic just happens very random and sometimes not at all. I thought I better try and figure this out. I have updated the sound drivers on the computer , was able to find another controller MC6000MK2 and it did the same thing. If I use VDJ without the controller I have no issues. Next step is I am replacing the computer. Has anyone had this issue? I am not sure where to go with this next. Thank you

geposted Tue 11 Oct 22 @ 9:26 am
I* have the same issue. it's scaring my patrons, which is very embarrassing. people are paying for my service and this happens HELP !!!

geposted Sun 25 Dec 22 @ 5:00 am
smokecity3 wrote :
I have the same issue

So you're also using a Denon MC6000 MK2 on a Windows 10 computer with the latest build of VDJ?

If not, you need to give details.

geposted Sun 25 Dec 22 @ 9:21 am
Yes windows 10 with the latest version of VDJ

geposted Sun 25 Dec 22 @ 11:45 am
I'm experiencing similar issues. My issue started when one of the venues I DJ at started requiring me to DJ with videos. Before this requirement I had zero distortion or cracking/popping issues. Originally, I thought by djing with videos with my current laptop specs and VDJ specs,, my laptop wasn't able to keep up with the workload therefore causing the sound issues. But then I realized that I only have issue at this one venue. Now I DJ with videos at multiple venues and it's only the venue that originally asked me to start using videos is where I get sound issues. I still troubleshoot the source of the problem each week. A certain thing that has helped me out was disconnecting from the Wi-Fi. In fact, I turn the Wi-Fi completely off my laptop when I don't need it so that it's not searching for a wi-fi connection. This one venue is the only venue that my laptop automatically connects to the wi-fi. This has not 100% solved the problem overall but at times it has 100% worked. Changing the ultra-latency setting in the performance setting has "Not" worked for me. Like I said I'm only having issue at one of my weekly venues. I suspect it has something to do with HDMI system that I'm plugging into. The HDMI setup at my other venues are simpler.

geposted Sun 25 Dec 22 @ 2:21 pm
bnksmbPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I get the same distortion and it happens on three different laptops. The videos loads super low and at the same time, the song playing starts making a crackling sound, and even skipping and/or slowing down.
I bought a new lap top with 36 GIGS of RAM just to see if it was on my side and the problem still exists.
When I see a video as an option, I intentionally skip playing it to avoid the sound distortion mentioned above.

geposted Sun 01 Jan 23 @ 4:54 pm
bnksmbPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Typo, should read "videos load super slow..."

geposted Sun 01 Jan 23 @ 7:31 pm
You need to provide more detail.

Same distortion as who? There are several people posting above you.

What's the spec/make/model of the three laptops you tried?

Are you using a controller? Which one? Do you have stems 2.0 enabled? If you do, then it's not the amount of RAM that matters. What's the CPU? Does it have dedicated GPU?

geposted Sun 01 Jan 23 @ 7:52 pm