Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Camera Plugin
Don't know when it started but....

Now not working like it was before.

I use to just unplug whatever is connected to a USB Slot and plug the camera in and it works all the time and unplug it and plug back whatever was connected.

Now it will only work the first time , once I unplug it and plug whatever was originally connected to the usb slot, and put then I unplug it to use the camera again, it display the last frame it from the live video. The Camera is frozen with that frame and will not be activated until I exited VDJ.

Been a while since I use the camera but I know it work flawlessly before. Now when I had a Kids Halloween party and try to enable the Camera after first video feed, it displays the last video frame and no longer works (as I described above).

Yes I do need to SWAP back & forth from that slot (no more available & don't want to get an external hub).

I notice that when the Camera is turn off (plugin) it seems the Camera is still on (I can see the light).

geposted Mon 31 Oct 22 @ 4:44 pm
did some testing ....

Run VDJ
Plug USB Camera
Activate Camera (all working no problem)
de-activate camera, activate again and all good.

De-activated camera, then unplug it and plug it back in
now it only shows the last frame from previous (camera froze) and no longer display live.

so bottom line, Camera must not be Unplug after first use.
This behavior changed somewhere because it was not like this before.

geposted Tue 01 Nov 22 @ 2:50 am
I notice that when the plugin is deactivated, the Camera is still on (I see the light on the camera).

Previous version, when deactivated, there was no light on.

geposted Thu 03 Nov 22 @ 12:04 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Unless you mean v7, that was always the case.
As long as the camera plugin is selected in a slot, the camera remains in use, as many webcams take a few seconds to start up.
If you turn off the camera plugin, select another plugin and wait a few seconds the camera should turn off completely.

geposted Thu 03 Nov 22 @ 12:43 pm
Thanks Adion for replying.

Yes, need to activate another plugin and it will release the Camera.

Now Camera can be plug back in and it will work.

Thanks, now I know what to do (hope I won't forget this next time I use the Camera)

edit
So I won't forget it, I modified the script to enable "BOOM" plugin after I disable Camera Plugin.

Thanks

geposted Thu 03 Nov 22 @ 2:10 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I'll also have a look to see if the Camera plugin can detect hardware connections/disconnections

geposted Thu 03 Nov 22 @ 2:41 pm