Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: 5-10 Second Lag Before Loading Songs
Happy Holidays!

I have a Reloop Ready controller that sometimes takes upwards of 5-10 seconds to load a song after I have chosen it. That doesnt happen on my DDJ-1K nor my Hercules Starlight. Is there a setting that can eliminate this issue? I am using an SSD drive, so the drive speed shouldnt be the issue. I am stumped and need some sage advice.

Additionally, I tried the new 2023 version and like the stems upgrade but the split page is a royal nuisance, that seems impossible to get rid of. Therefore, I reinstalled an older version. Is there a fix to use V2023 and eliminate page split permanently?

Thanks as always! LZ...

geposted Sat 17 Dec 22 @ 8:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I can't reproduce any of your issues here.

Songs load instantly, using Reloop Ready or mouse. There is only a tiny delay (less than a sec) on pressing the Load buttons on the controller, because it waits to see if it's a double-click (to clone the other deck).
And can't think how a controller can stall further the loading procedure.

Also, can you please explain what exactly do you do and get the Split pad pages mode ?
Is there anything that doesnt work as the manual describes ? https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/reloop/ready/pads.html

EDIT. OK, we see now. The split Pad page mode can be activated if you release the PAD MODE button before you release one the Pads (when u select a mode).
We ll see how we can improve this, but in the meantime you can avoid doing the above.

geposted Sat 17 Dec 22 @ 10:21 pm
Thank you for your feedback. BTW, my PC has W10, 64 bit operating system with an I5 Chipset and 8GB of RAM. Not blazingly fast but not slow either. Thus, it is inexpicable why songs load so slowly. Is it possible that AV software could be slowing this down? Or could it be the process of precomputing stems? Those are the only things that I could think of.

The VDJ/Reloop Ready manual page regarding the pad mode is very helpful, providing a better grasp of how VDJ integrates with that controller. I had read this previously but re-reading reinforced how pad mode and shift work with the Ready. Thanks in advance for improving the split page feature, as I really like what you have achieved with STEMS 2.0. That improvement would allow me to reinstall V2023 and be able to use it!

geposted Sun 18 Dec 22 @ 3:14 am