Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ RZX problems with Windows 11
Hi all,
I am having this problem with my DDJ RZX using a new asus rog laptop with windows 11.
In practice, if Virtual DJ is set to 44.1 khz, the signal from the master controller outputs is very often sporadically lost. If I set the frequency to 48 khz or 96 khz instead everything seems to work perfectly. What could be the problem and what solution could I try?

Thanks to whoever can help me.

geposted Tue 20 Dec 22 @ 12:13 pm
I haven't tested RZX on Windows 11. However, I bet all the issues are due to the drivers Pioneer never bothered to fix (since the unit allready has issues in Windows 10 as well)
On the other hand, I still use DDJ-RZ regularly as my personal favorite controller and it works perfect in Windows 11.

geposted Tue 20 Dec 22 @ 1:22 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
I haven't tested RZX on Windows 11. However, I bet all the issues are due to the drivers Pioneer never bothered to fix (since the unit allready has issues in Windows 10 as well)
On the other hand, I still use DDJ-RZ regularly as my personal favorite controller and it works perfect in Windows 11.

I also think it's the fault of the Pioneer drivers, it seems that making the DDJ RZX work at 44.1 khz is a stretch, while with windows 10 from another notebook I haven't noticed any particular problems. Do you think I can do some tests to solve the problem? I'm afraid that working at higher frequencies there may be digital clicks during playback. Thank you

geposted Tue 20 Dec 22 @ 1:31 pm
Hey Cool Angel, I also use a DDJ-RZX with VDJ and (now) Windows 11. Just so you know, that issue has nothing to do with the v1.021 driver and/or Windows 11 (nor VDJ), it was also sometimes present with Windows 10. It is a v1.10 RZX firmware issue.

To resolve this, Pioneer secretly released Firmware v1.11 some time ago. They never managed to publish it on their website (still v1.10 on there) but they'll give it to you if you ask them politely. I also have the file if you want it faster (let me know and I'll share it with you).

I've been running v1.11 for a while now and it is rock-solid. VDJ is locked to 44,1KHz in the performance section, works fine and sounds great.

geposted Wed 21 Dec 22 @ 1:41 pm
Would you mind to share that with us as well, so that we can also test and confirm ?

Thank you.

geposted Wed 21 Dec 22 @ 1:54 pm

geposted Wed 21 Dec 22 @ 2:05 pm
user21718900 wrote :
Hey Cool Angel, I also use a DDJ-RZX with VDJ and (now) Windows 11. Just so you know, that issue has nothing to do with the v1.021 driver and/or Windows 11 (nor VDJ), it was also sometimes present with Windows 10. It is a v1.10 RZX firmware issue.

To resolve this, Pioneer secretly released Firmware v1.11 some time ago. They never managed to publish it on their website (still v1.10 on there) but they'll give it to you if you ask them politely. I also have the file if you want it faster (let me know and I'll share it with you).

I've been running v1.11 for a while now and it is rock-solid. VDJ is locked to 44,1KHz in the performance section, works fine and sounds great.

Hi Beataddict,

This is great news, thank you for your help. I knew about this firmware but I never read the motivation and for this reason I stayed with the official one. I'll try it right away and let you know if I fixed the problem. Thanks again and happy 2023

geposted Mon 02 Jan 23 @ 2:16 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Would you mind to share that with us as well, so that we can also test and confirm ?

Thank you.

Phantom DeeJay, I think I can confirm that this firmware update seems to solve the problem. I wrote to Pioneer, with whom I was in contact about the problem, asking that the firmware be made official and downloadable from their site. Have you been able to do any tests? Thank you

geposted Thu 05 Jan 23 @ 11:46 am
No, I was not able to finish testing yet. You see, we also need to test backwards and MAC compatibility as well, and make sure that this firmware doesn't brake something with other configurations. As you can possibly imagine, this takes time.
And even if we are able to confirm that everything is ok, we cannot really change anything or even recommend this firmware.
At the best case we can just host it, and provide it on demand for cases like this.

geposted Thu 05 Jan 23 @ 12:16 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
No, I was not able to finish testing yet. You see, we also need to test backwards and MAC compatibility as well, and make sure that this firmware doesn't brake something with other configurations. As you can possibly imagine, this takes time.
And even if we are able to confirm that everything is ok, we cannot really change anything or even recommend this firmware.
At the best case we can just host it, and provide it on demand for cases like this.

Of course I understand that everything takes time. As soon as possible, I'll also try it with Mac and update the post with the result.

geposted Thu 05 Jan 23 @ 2:41 pm
Cool Angel D.J. wrote :
Of course I understand that everything takes time. As soon as possible, I'll also try it with Mac and update the post with the result.

Glad it worked and I could somehow help :-)

geposted Thu 05 Jan 23 @ 5:52 pm
user21718900 wrote :
Cool Angel D.J. wrote :

Glad it worked and I could somehow help :-)

Absolutely yes! I knew about this unofficial firmware but was unaware of what it fixes. Thank you for helping me! ;-)

geposted Fri 06 Jan 23 @ 5:07 pm
Helloo All, I am sorry if I am a bit late, but I have been using the Firmware 1.11 for one year so far, and it seems that everything is going well, not a single issue. I wrote on another topic few months earlier about this firmware. I was using the DDJ-RZX with ASUS ROG G752VY windows 10, and now I upgraded to ASUS ROG Strix Scar 17 with RTX 3080 for Stems 2.0 and all is working like a sharm with the DDJ-RZX.

geposted Sun 08 Jan 23 @ 9:05 pm
DeeJay MAE wrote :
Helloo All, I am sorry if I am a bit late, but I have been using the Firmware 1.11 for one year so far, and it seems that everything is going well, not a single issue. I wrote on another topic few months earlier about this firmware. I was using the DDJ-RZX with ASUS ROG G752VY windows 10, and now I upgraded to ASUS ROG Strix Scar 17 with RTX 3080 for Stems 2.0 and all is working like a sharm with the DDJ-RZX.

Hi, I'm using a Rog 732 LWS and I can confirm that I haven't had the problem since I installed the 1.11 firmware and, I don't understand why Pioneer doesn't make it official. I also did some tests with the Macbook and I believe that the firmware does not affect the operation on MacOs and everything seems to work fine.

geposted Tue 10 Jan 23 @ 7:33 pm
nice skin thanks

might be nice to have a couple pull downs for master FX on the crossfader bar on right side
and a row of custom buttons under that but over all I like it :-)

geposted Tue 10 Jan 23 @ 8:24 pm