Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Second Life
Hi and apologise if this has been answered elsewhere, but thought it easier to ask. I'm considering buy the Virtual DJ set up to use in Second Life and as an experiment to see if it does what I want I have got the free version. I have created a playlist and can see how to sue the decks. But What I want to know is this: I want to go to a SIM and connect to the streaming service in that SIM so when i play a tune on my decks anyone on that SIM will be able to hear it.
I know it must be in the broadcast tab, but can someone give some (relatively) simple instructions on what I need to do to connect to the streaming thing in the Second Life SIM?

geposted Mon 16 Jan 23 @ 12:39 pm
Thank you I think those videos may answer my questions, I've scanned them and will check them out properly later.
My only basic questions would be, if (as is likely), I'm going to be doing this in one SIM only and maybe not regularly, do I still have to buy the Audio Streams to be able to link to the streaming service in the sim and can I do all that with the free version of VirtualDJ, or should I buy the Home version for the one off fee. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as I'm not intending to be a RL DJ or even do DJ sets in other SIMs on SL, I think I don't need to subscribe to the full professional licence.
I understand if I have to pay out money I will, but obviously if I can avoid costs I will!!

geposted Wed 18 Jan 23 @ 11:22 am
souvboaHome userMember since 2023
the free version of VDJ doesn't allow you to stream online. VDJ is excellent to DJ in Second Life. You will have to rent a stream. You can find many for a very cheap price in Second Life.

geposted Fri 20 Jan 23 @ 9:35 pm
Pr4d4PRO SubscriberMember since 2017
You need to hire /buy a stream within SL and then you will be given a stream (and license incl)plus the passwords etc that you will need to login to the relevant SIm's land stream , The owner of that sim or club will probably do it for you or help you to do it. but as I said without an inworld bought stream you cannot stream anything there, it is the link bewteen your VDJ & streaming into a sim. There are many places where you can purchase one, do a search and shop around for the best deal. Good luck :)

user25832621 wrote :
Hi and apologise if this has been answered elsewhere, but thought it easier to ask. I'm considering buy the Virtual DJ set up to use in Second Life and as an experiment to see if it does what I want I have got the free version. I have created a playlist and can see how to sue the decks. But What I want to know is this: I want to go to a SIM and connect to the streaming service in that SIM so when i play a tune on my decks anyone on that SIM will be able to hear it.
I know it must be in the broadcast tab, but can someone give some (relatively) simple instructions on what I need to do to connect to the streaming thing in the Second Life SIM?

geposted Sat 21 Jan 23 @ 9:50 am
OCM DjsHome userMember since 2023
wanna learn more

geposted Mon 23 Jan 23 @ 1:50 pm