Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Song search issue
I run the latest release v2023-m b6707. I have problems finding a song.
VDJ and all songs are stored locally on my internal SSD drive (only 1 drive).
Checked options in the search field; these are correct:
'Search in current folder' AND 'Search all local files' are enabled.
Furthermore title, artist, genre, etc are ticked.
I can find a song when I'm in the folder where this specific song is stored.
When I'm in any other folder (normal folder or filter folder) the song isn't found.
I tried to use the option 'Remove from search DB' and add it again but it doesn't solve my problem.
Someone an idea why the song isn't found everywhere?

geposted Fri 04 Aug 23 @ 10:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you are on a Mac, perhaps VirtualDJ doesnt have the correct Disk Permissions ?

Can you open database.xml and see if the song your are searching for is included ?

geposted Fri 04 Aug 23 @ 11:03 am
I'm on a Mac. Can you tell me where to find this database.xml? What is the default map?
If I use MacOS search I only find old database.xml files. Should be from today as I used VDJ today...

geposted Fri 04 Aug 23 @ 1:08 pm

geposted Fri 04 Aug 23 @ 2:52 pm
Thanks, in the meantime I also found the database.xml file.
It is in a hidden directory. I use Synology Drive to backup my entire VDJ content to my NAS.
By using Synology Drive I was able to locate the file:
Drive/Users/My-user-name/library/Application Support/VirtualDJ
But again with 'Finder' it won't open...
Weird thing: the song is not listed.
How to add this song to the database? I already tried the option 'Remove' and 'Add'
To clarify: most songs are searchable, just some of them not
If it is about the permission, how to change, please?

geposted Fri 04 Aug 23 @ 2:56 pm
Checked the file persission, for my user it is set to read/write. Staff and Everyone were set to read, changed it to read/write but doesn't change anything.

geposted Fri 04 Aug 23 @ 4:02 pm
Try to grant Full Disc Access to VirtualDJ

Click on the Apple icon on the top left corner of your screen.
Select System Preferences.
Go to Security & Privacy Preferences > Privacy and click Full Disk Access from the left panel.

After that, try to add somf folders to Search database in VDJ and see if now come in Search

geposted Fri 04 Aug 23 @ 4:23 pm
Thanks DJDAD,
I granted Full Disc Access to VirtualDJ, restarted the Mac, played around but no change.

I closed VDJ, renamed the file and put it in another folder, started VDJ and normally the new track is detected and automatically added. This didn't happen. The track was marked as new but the BPM and other items were already there, so I believe that means somewhere it must be part of the database.xml.

I investigated and it seems that the length of the title it the problem. The track title is 'OUT OUT' from Joel Corry. If I search on 'Joel Corry' I can find the track from every folder, once I enter 'OUT' or 'OUT OUT' it's not found. I changed the title to 'OUT OUT - OUTOUT' and when I search on OUTOUT I can find the track. Seems the tree letter word is the problem!

Click on the Apple icon on the top left corner of your screen.
Select System Preferences.
Go to Security & Privacy Preferences > Privacy and click Full Disk Access from the left panel.

After that, try to add somf folders to Search database in VDJ and see if now come in Search

geposted Sat 05 Aug 23 @ 9:56 am