Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJscript: Function when playing on master deck
Hey guys,

I'm creating some functions with MIDI, and I've had success executing them through manual actions with custom button presses, but I would like some functions to be executed automatically, with the song playing on the master deck.

I've already reviewed this entire forum, Google and Youtube, and the most I could find were indications for using repeat_start and repeat_stop... but it doesn't seem so appropriate to leave a script always running when there is an event (play master deck) that marks when the script should run.

Can anyone help please? Thanks!

geposted Mon 07 Aug 23 @ 1:50 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
repeat_start is the way

geposted Mon 07 Aug 23 @ 8:12 am
Thanks for the feedback @Locodog . I'll use repeat_start then.

I was afraid to use it and increase the notebook's resource consumption (CPU, RAM), but I didn't notice a difference using 1000ms... at least not for now, in the quick test I did now.

Do you think that using repeat for 1000ms (1sec) for 4 hours can compromise the computer's resources or from your experience this does not happen, repeat does not compromise the notebook's resources?

geposted Mon 07 Aug 23 @ 2:14 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
your skin evaluates many scripts 30+ times a second, a repeat_start at 1000ms is trivial.

geposted Mon 07 Aug 23 @ 2:46 pm
Excellent. I'm calmer now. Thanks again for the support @Locodog. Have a great week!

geposted Mon 07 Aug 23 @ 2:54 pm