Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ Crashes
Hello,
My virtual dj crashes while playing karaoke tracks maybe 2 times a night at a gig.
Here is what happpens:
Karaoke track is playing while singer on stage singing.
CDG lyrics suddenley dissapear, VDJ GUI dissapears from my screen to desktop but continues playing, second screen shows windows desktop extended screen. VDJ shows up in taskbar but I cannot retrieve it....The only way to get VDJ back is to open task manager and end task for VDJ and restart VDJ by double clicking the VDJ icon
I am running windows 10.
intel Zeon 1650 v2
32 gigs of ddr3 ram
2TB HDD

I would apreciate any advice or suggestions !
Thankyou in advance !!

geposted Mon 19 Feb 24 @ 8:51 pm
I've had similar issues with a 64 bit Win 10, Xeon, 32 gb system, Scarlett 2i2 for sound, 3 hard drives, a 2TB for OS & programs, a 2TB for storing system backups etc., and an 8TB drive for music, karaoke, and video files, Nvida 2GB graphics card running 3 feeds, DVI-1Mon for VDJ, VGA-1Mon for SS, and an HDMI out to a splitter feeding a stage karaoke screen and a wall screen.
Along with similar random video problems during a karaoke show, which recently may now have been corrected by updating the drivers etc. I've been having consistent VDJ database loading delays, browser loading delays.
Each time the problems seem to stem back to windows updates, for example; I run windows update the day before any performance, and pause them thru performance days, once the updates appear to have completed, (there is an update error (known by MS, regarding a recovery volume size requirement being too small with typical win10 installs on the system / boot drive.) sometimes the updates seem to hang or not be progressing beyond downloading or installing...
but may actually just be taking a very, very, long time to complete or require a reboot but nothing seems to indicate that. After waiting what feels like way too long they seem to complete and after a reboot VDJ issues seem to have been resolved, the software fires right up as it should ! and runs flawlessly, or so it seemed last night. Around 2 hours into the night, and midway thru a karaoke song the lyrics continued properly on screen but the music (mp3/cdg file) switched to the music of a different song ?????? This happened twice in a three hour show, I have no clue what caused this, I could pause it, restart it, same result... the two songs played flawlessly the previous show. I'm thinking somehow the files got corrupt / blended??? Weird issues.......
I will be doing some deep diagnostics today lol, and will be following your thread to see how you make out.
MS seems to be sending out many updates on win10 lately... bloatware bogging the OS.
My advice at this time - Update everything so as to rule out win 10 update, drivers etc. as the problem.....

geposted Sat 16 Mar 24 @ 2:55 pm
Hello yes I think you’re right about windows updates and driver updates but I think it might be my video card as per event viewer! I’m gonna try to upgrade that now.
Thanks for your help!

geposted Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 5:54 pm