Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: AI grid - Flexible grid
Since I'm going to be playing a lot of reggae soon, I've been very occupied these days with researching how to avoid having to manually warp or quantize or re-grid every single reggae track from the 20th century in Ableton Live before loading them into VDJ.

It seems that the best way in VDJ would be by using flexible grids (manual grid markers). That is still a lot of work (which is okay) with less then perfect results (non-seamless loops are not okay).

I really liked the look of this flexible grid manipulation...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsIT5fyOyTs
Is something like this also possible in VDJ?

Another thing I liked was the AI grid...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRyIdGS2fcA
But that would be something for the wish list/requested features.

geposted Sat 07 Sep 24 @ 10:04 pm
At this stage in the game, if that's what you need, then your best friend will be Algoriddim's djay Pro.

When we first got stem separation, VDJ and djay Pro left the blocks at the same time. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the smarter beatgrids.

geposted Sat 07 Sep 24 @ 10:33 pm
Nope. I'm sticking with VDJ. For several reasons and one unique feature ;)

geposted Sat 07 Sep 24 @ 10:38 pm
Yes the feature is called beatlock on virtual dj. It's been around for a year +.

geposted Sun 08 Sep 24 @ 3:11 am
Beat lock is not what you are seeing in the video. It's to do with the beat grid, two anchors, and a flexible grid in between... It's a bit better than having to place each marker manually, as is the way in VDJ, if I understood correctly...

At any rate, an AI grid would be a blessing. No more manual readjusting the beats...

geposted Sun 08 Sep 24 @ 8:09 am
If you are not going to be using any help (nothing wrong with that), beatlock, sync, quantize, Efx, etc. You are better off just Analyzing Multiple on VirtualDj. This way you don't get that variable BPM's you will be getting for beatgridding a very unstable track.

Also been playing with dJay Pro and the AI beatgridding is not really a big solution for unstable tracks, it only works pretty nice when decks are lock to each other and with 4 beats beat sync enable, also snap & quantize are really bad on dJay Pro they don't stick to what they are suppost to do.

Ableton is the best choice for fixing unstable tracks, but it takes much effort to fix a big collection, even with a simple auto warp & export.

geposted Mon 09 Sep 24 @ 10:36 am
Yes, I know. I re-warped my entire mainstream music video collection with Ableton Live. I just wanted to avoid the work with my reggae collection.

I do use beatlock and sync btw.

geposted Mon 09 Sep 24 @ 11:01 am