Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: You have to wonder

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You just have to wonder if all the children posting negative messages will still be here with a change of tune when the new release if finally out there. Personally being a DJ with 14 years behind the console, and a music library that consumes my basement. I have spent the past 5-6 months encoding music to use at my 5-6 gigs a week. Right now I am about 2/3 of the way through my archives. I have not invested this much time and effort to go out with a piece of buggy software. I am also not all that interested in a lot of useless features that are primarily aimed at some guy who wants to record mixes, but may take away from the stability that guys like me need in front of 150 or more people. I too eagerly await the next version, and some of the features that have been hinted at in these forums. In the back of my mind I'm concerned that some of the "improvements" may take away from the stability that steered me towards Atomix in the first place. I don't care if it's released this week, or in 6 months. I only want it to be STABLE!! I really don't think that a lot of pissing and moaning in this forum will cause them to be able to improve the software any faster. If I was an Atomix principal officer, I would have shut down this forum months ago. It has become reduced to to a level somewhat just below a teen chat room. When I first bought Atomix I had several questions, and posted them in here. Fortunately that was before these forums became so corrupted. Every question I ever posted was answered very quickly. I come back to these forums primarily to see if anyone else is asking questions that I haven't thought of yet, hoping to get the answers before I have the problems. People maybe should just chill out a bit. Ask intelligent questions, and perhaps you will get intelligent answers.

DJ Rick

geposted Thu 06 Sep 01 @ 6:06 pm
Read all the osts, most are intelligent, well-written and interesting.

As for us being children, maybe you should grow up before making such a peurile statement. For your information, the Atomix Team itself consists primarily of 'children'. Teenagers to be precise.

I'm sure you are not bothered whether the new version comes out tomorrow or next year, but then, you do have a basement full of decks, amplifiers, mixers, and the like. This program is mainly used by bedroom DJ's who can't afford any dj paraphernalia of the hardware type. Bit like the rich man telling the poor man to stop begging for food, isn't it?

If I were an Atomix principle officer, I would be a teenager, but that's beside the point. If I were a principle officer, I would have shut down the COMPANY months ago. You yourself admitted to not having been here for a while, so stop singing from your high-chair, Mr. Factless.

The forums have not become corrupted - the same people are here using them - difference is that the people are now fed up, disgruntled and annoyed at the terrible treatment of them by Atomix. Ask yourself this: If most customers of a piece of software are all unhappy, who or what could have made them unhappy? Do they all have bad days at work, every day of the week? Or maybe the software company itself has upset them....But hey, the majoritys always wrong, isn't it?

Next time you feel like patronising us and showing off your lack of knowledge on a subject you have been far-removed from, go and sit in a corner somewhere and read a comic instead.

geposted Thu 06 Sep 01 @ 6:51 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
-Read all the osts, most are intelligent, well-written and interesting.

Some of them, that´s right are, but, so you must agree, most of them are full of insults and blamings, isn´t it?

-As for us being children, maybe you should grow up before making such a peurile statement. For your information, the Atomix Team itself consists primarily of 'children'. Teenagers to be precise.

I don´t know, where you´ve read this information, but most of the teamers are between 20 and 30, some of them are married, have children, and almost anyone is working. I´m personnaly manager of a company and the only thing I´m doing here is to support a good software.

-I'm sure you are not bothered whether the new version comes out tomorrow or next year, but then, you do have a basement full of decks, amplifiers, mixers, and the like. This program is mainly used by bedroom DJ's who can't afford any dj paraphernalia of the hardware type. Bit like the rich man telling the poor man to stop begging for food, isn't it?

I bought AtomixMP3 because I didn´t want to buy all this stuff. But if you can´t afford a simple battle mixer with an equalizer, you also can´t afford AtomixMP3. So, what are you asking for?

-If I were an Atomix principle officer, I would be a teenager, but that's beside the point. If I were a principle officer, I would have shut down the COMPANY months ago. You yourself admitted to not having been here for a while, so stop singing from your high-chair, Mr. Factless.

If you were a principle officer, you would understand the problems of the moment. On the other hand, if you´ld do a good job, you WERE a principle officer.

-The forums have not become corrupted - the same people are here using them - difference is that the people are now fed up, disgruntled and annoyed at the terrible treatment of them by Atomix. Ask yourself this: If most customers of a piece of software are all unhappy, who or what could have made them unhappy? Do they all have bad days at work, every day of the week? Or maybe the software company itself has upset them....But hey, the majoritys always wrong, isn't it?

Who can see that there aren´t one or two guys trying to shut down AtomixMP3? I didn´t read ONE message with insults, where someone posted at least his email adress. None of them login. So what?

-Next time you feel like patronising us and showing off your lack of knowledge on a subject you have been far-removed from, go and sit in a corner somewhere and read a comic instead.

So, if you think about it and you´ve understand it, what you yourself has written, you should do so!

mama

geposted Thu 06 Sep 01 @ 8:20 pm
You run a comapny???? LOL. Whats the annual turnover? £60?

For your information, a lot of people cannot afford Atomix AND a mixer, only one or the other. I don't want to buy a mixer just for bedroom use as if I ever buy decks and so on, I would want the best, and that would include a mixer costing thousands of pounds, so my bedroom mixer would be defunct.

We're not allowed to post messages blaming Atomix???? Who else is to blame for the non-release of a new version PROMISED 8 months ago?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Are we supposed to keep quiet, else have our posts deleted. Ok, Mr. Dictator.

geposted Thu 06 Sep 01 @ 8:44 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Wow, there does seem to be a lot of anger in that responce. Yes, I do have a lot of DJ equipment. I'll tell you this much too, I bought one of the first DENON 2000F Dual transport CD players. I really liked it. Then the 2700F came out. You think DENON upgraded me.. Nope, but I bought one anyway, then the 2500F, and finally the 2600F. Not once did DENON say that since I had already bought the previous version I was entitled to the next release. And not once did I hassle DENON to get the next one out on the market so I could buy it. I certainly understand the differences though between an equipment purchase, and a software purchase. Sure before I bought Atomix, I e-mailed in and asked about future versions, and I got back a prompt reply addressing my concerns. Being a full time professional in the entertainment field, I think perhaps Atomix was in fact made with someone like me in mind. I don't think they are in this to make a killing, for crying out loud, their $60.00 software already out performs other $200.00 software. As I said, I am very anxiously awaiting the next release, but in my line of work, I can't afford for them not to get it right. I appreciate that they are taking their time, and working out the kinks before they allow me to download it. Although it will certainly spend some quality testing hours on the desktop computer before I put it on the laptop and take it out for work. I do have one question, since I'm a registered user, how long will I remain a "newbie" in this forum?

geposted Thu 06 Sep 01 @ 10:54 pm
Boy, sorry for that, but you are boring. The annual turnover of my company is about 18 million Euro. So please, don´t tell me anything about busines or marketing!!

If you would think about what you are writing, you had to agree that for the little 60 bucks you have to pay for AtomixMP3, you get a stable and absolutely usefull mixing tool. For your bedroom mixing, it´s all you need. If you want the best, you have to pay for it. That´s market. AtomixMP3 gives you a free upgrade for this little money. So if you can´t wait for it, go out and buy a mixer.

Some of you talk about Traktor. If you can afford this software, you can afford AtomixMP3 plus a mixer, too!

And once again, I think this is only one guy in this forum spending a lot of time trying to shut AtomixMP3 down. Probably from another company with a mixing software??

mama

geposted Thu 06 Sep 01 @ 11:05 pm
I have no company and no mixing software products.

What the hell are euros? Speak in real currencies, not joke european ones.

If you know about business, you should see clearly all the errors that Atomix are making.

Traktor is cheap compared to a mixer. A decent mixer will cost £500+. Atomix is useless without a mixer.

What a stupid comparison to make between software upgrades and hardware upgrades. A software upgrade requires no physical parts to be made or manufactured. The costs of producing a software upgrade are low. A hardware upgrade consists of physical components. When you buy a piece of hardware you are paying for the components. You wouldn't pester them for an upgrade because they would have it done before you had even thought about it, quite apart from the fact that they wouldn't announce an upgrade a year before producing it. Also they don't include upgrades in the price.

Mama, if you have all that money, why don't you go for a cruise around the world for about 10 years?

geposted Thu 06 Sep 01 @ 11:56 pm
That is your problem. You think, software writes itself alone and money makes itself alone. I don´t know you. Perhaps you are a "standalone" child that got anything it wants in its life without even moving the finger.

The author and anyone in the team always in their lifes had to work hard for every penny they earned. If you had any idea of busines, you´ld know that the turnover of a company is not the win of a company.

So please, go out and learn about busines and work hard for money, then come back. If you think you bought a lifetime right to the AtomixMP3 company, try to code a mixing software yourself (come on, that´s no problem, it writes itself alone!) and sell or even give it away for no money.

mama

geposted Fri 07 Sep 01 @ 6:54 am
No, it doesn't write itself, it uses money from people like me.

I work harder for my money that you ever had or will. I was not a privileged child, born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I have been working since I was 13 so I could buy the things I wanted.

Yet again, another person thinking Atomix is freeware and devoid of income.

I know that the gross annual turnover of a company is not the figure the company actually makes in profit, but if you have a turnover of £11,000,000, your profits will be considerably high.

Got any more mistakes you want to air?

geposted Fri 07 Sep 01 @ 6:51 pm
Oh, you think I didn´t have to work for my company? My god, what envy!! I had nothing when I began, but I took the risk to found it. That´s what most not do, because of the immense risk to fail.

That´s why I support AtomixMP3. They simply try it. They make faults, sure, but they try it. Not like you! The only thing that you can do is to shut their work down.

Please try to grant them their chance, they need it! Please!

geposted Fri 07 Sep 01 @ 10:34 pm
I really like your product and I feel I must warn you. As you would be aware your main competition comes from Traktor. And as you should also be aware there is a full-working version going around (maybe more than one) which I have used. If too many of your users get hold of this then I fear your company will be no more. I'm looking anxiously toward your next release and I truly hope it will give Traktor a good run. But, as mentioned above, Traktor even without a mixer is still better than Atomix 1.12 with a mixer. You're under a lot of pressure and I wish you luck.

geposted Thu 13 Sep 01 @ 12:55 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)