Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How do I back up an internal databass

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

How do I do this, I want to hook up a MIC to my PC, do I need any software for this?

Thanks

geposted Tue 25 Sep 01 @ 11:40 am
A) Backup:

(1) Go to the Windows Explorer
(2) Go to the directory where Atomix is installed (should normally be c:/Program Files/AtomixMP3
(3) In there you'll find a file called "atomixMP3 Internal Database" (unbelievable no?)
(4) Click on the file with the RIGHT button
(5) Select the "Copy" option
(6) Click RIGHT somewhere on a blank/white spot in the file listing
(7) Select the "Paste" option
(8) You'll see a file appearing with the name "Copy of atomixMP3 Internal Database"
(9) When you make more copies in the future and follow the same process, Windows will create numbered copies like "Copy (2) of atomixMP3 Internal Database" and so on.

B) MIC

Normally your soundcard should have a MICrophone IN plug (check your soundcard manual or the manufacturers website).
So it should be straightforward (providing the plug of the MIC fits the entry of your soundcard) to attach a Microphone to your PC.
Then you'll have to "enable" the microphone (might be set to "mute") in your "Play Control" window.
On the bottom right of your Windows desktop you'll see a number of icons. One of them should represent a "speaker" symbol. Double click on it and the Play Control window will open automatically.

Personally I don't see the usability of such configuration in conjunction with Atomix (as the Mic entry doesn't go through the Atomix application, hence volume control etc are to be done through the Play Control).

Also any decent MIC will have a different plug than the one available on your soundcard (typically 3,5mm) whereas the MIC will have a 6,3mm or an XLR plug.

To make optimal use of a Microphone during your set you definitely need a mixing table.

If you want to use the MIC seperately (i.e. nothing to do with Atomix) then there might be some feasible applications. For example to record voice fragments or so (in that case any audio recording application should be sufficient to accomplish that objective).

Hope this helped.

DJ Corpse

geposted Tue 25 Sep 01 @ 9:38 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)