Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: the automix concern

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Well, now that the new skins are out, the new main discution subject is about the automix that starts too soon or too late.

In fact, the automix feature has been completely rewritten in v2.0, and now it works like this:
- if the song is played for the first time, it will start the automix at 80% of the song
- if the song has already been played once, it will start the automix at "mix-length" before the last beat found. ("mixlength" is defined in the config page).

The new song is started at the first beat if known, or at the begining.

One major problem of that is that if you play a 3 minutes song once for let's say 2 minutes, and then remove it, the computer will remember the last beat to be 2 minutes from the start.
So when you'll use the automix, it will start the mix at 2 minutes.

I'll think about a way to resolve this, but if aybody has an idea, let me know :)

Stephane C.

geposted Mon 03 Dec 01 @ 11:04 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's awesome news that you are thinking about this!!
This is a great program, thanks Stephane!!

geposted Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 2:43 am
Can't you please add this feature : automix just crossfades from one deck to the other without syncing and at a fixed time from the end of the song (eg 5 or 10 sec) just like some winamp plugins do. That would be very useful for playing pretty slow songs that Atomix can't sync well at the beginning of a party.

geposted Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 11:21 am
By the way, the "no mix" option is not very useful as it is right now. Maybe you could replace it with the above suggestion ?

geposted Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 11:22 am
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Excellent idea !!

geposted Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 12:29 pm
I would just like to control the start time and the end time. In other words I would like to start the mix when there is 10 seconds left in the song on deck "A" and from 5 seconds in from the song on deck "B"

geposted Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 9:00 pm
alholioHome userMember since 2001
Stephane,

How about a utility that scans all the MP3's looking for BPM and first/last beats.

This also allows a visual (rhythm) window showing the whole track in one screen, great for showing break-downs and build-ups!!!

It might take a while to process all the MP3's, so a tag could exist for each file telling the util that it has already been scanned, thus only needing to scan the new files. (The first time the util is used will take ages though, so maybe leave it overnight!!)

Al

geposted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 4:05 am
Well, it happens that this has already been implemented in the v2.0.
In the "scan HD" dialog, you can check the "make a full scan" option, and it will search the first and last beats in all your mp3s.

Stephane C.

geposted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 7:09 am
alholioHome userMember since 2001
Oops, haven't explored all the features yet... sorry for jumping the gun!!

Do you think the whole-track visual idea is easily possible? Maybe it could be part of the track progress bar!

Al

geposted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 10:27 pm
What about starting mix-in on cue 1 and mix-out on cue 2 or 5 ?
That way anyone can choose where the automix starts and ends.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

geposted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 11:07 pm
I think what we're looking for here is more of an "autoplay" function that an automix. Even if it went to the very end of a track, and began at the very beginning of the next song. That'd be better in some instances than the options that we have now. It's be great if we could set it to start the song in deck b when the song in deck A has 10 -12 seconds left. More of a generic "coctail hour" blending of the music, rather than an actual "mix". (beats aren't an issue in this case, it's more a matter of timing)

geposted Thu 06 Dec 01 @ 12:01 am
Impressionsdj hit the nail on the head !!!!

Thanks

Hopefully they will work on this soon. I t is a large feature for me.

geposted Thu 06 Dec 01 @ 1:39 pm
I did pick a couple of the songs that I would use this fuction for, and loaded them and played them from the beginning to the end. Then I launched them into "auto". I didn't see any difference between how they were automatically mixed before and after playing through fully. One mixed with 48 seconds to go, and the other mixed with 1:12 remaining. This was about the same as prior to playing them through fully.
Until such time as the great minds at Atomix can get this feature implemented, you can use winamp, or the windows media player to play a song to the very end, and start the next song at the very beginning. (just load up a playlist) You'll notice a slight pause between tracks, but this may help you get through until the next patch, fix, or upgrade comes out.

geposted Thu 06 Dec 01 @ 2:35 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)