Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need a sound card recco

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

cimatHome userMember since 2001
Hello all-

Can anyone recommend a good soundcard to upgrade to so I can listen and mix at the same time? I know I need a 3d sound card for this.

Thanks for the advice!

Daryl
cimat@yahoo.com

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 8:50 pm
I have been using a soundblaster PCI 512 card for about a year now with no problems. Never any latency and for a card with dual outs, $50 bucks wasn't bad at all. Just my suggestion, but your success with soundcards may depend on your system setup.

The Goner

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 10:29 pm
I've been using a SB Live! 1024 for a while now and have no complaints about the card itself, I use it for monitoring without a glitch. Only problem for the time being is a lack of decent Windows XP drivers for all SoundBlaster products. This situation may change when (if) Creative ever make their driver+software CD available.

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 10:38 pm
cimatHome userMember since 2001
Thanks a lot!

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 10:57 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hey Mixmaster, SB released their XP drivers 2 weeks ago!

I use a SB Live! Player 5.1 without any probs. After the Audigy release it´s price is about $40.

geposted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 11:39 pm
sketchPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Any recommendations for a card for use with AMD Athalon 700 (my old motherboard!). I'm about to make it into a mix beast to take over from my 450Mhz system.

Cheers
Dan

geposted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 12:00 am
My mix system:

PIII@500
256MB RAM
Maxtor 40GB IDE HDD
Noname 24x SCSI CD-ROM
SB Live! Player 5.1
8MB graphics card (will be upgraded to 32MB with dual out because of visualizations)
Network card
WinXP prof.
sometimes USV (in old clubs)

I play always min. 2 tasks of AtomixMP3, record my mix with line-in on the same HDD on-the-fly to mp3 and let play visualizations with winamp and it´s line-in plugin.

This works great for me over 10 hours in one session at gigs without any problems!

geposted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 9:15 am
Mama, I downloaded the latest drivers from Creative a short while ago, but they didn't work too well, the software it came with kept crashing, so I rolled-back the driver to the first WinXP release from Creative, and everything's fine again. The CD has more software for the soundcard than you get in the downloadable file, so I still want to get that when it comes out.

I'm thinking about getting an Audigy when I've saved up my pennies, it's getting good reviews.

geposted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 2:28 pm
Hmm, I don´t understand Windows (does anyone?? lol)! On my system I had some probs with the origin drivers coming with XP. After the update, all was ok.

I don´t like the additional software, because the more you install, the more can cause problems (especially from SB! :-))

geposted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 3:34 pm
I need a USB sound card recco for my laptop pleaz! thanks...

geposted Fri 21 Dec 01 @ 12:16 pm
I have a Soundblaster Live Xgamer, and I have no Idea how to set up two channels with atomix, so I can listen to songs on headphones, while something is playing over my speakers. I set the config to 3d sound card, but I'm not sure how to connect these devices to my sound card so it works.

geposted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 2:44 am
P.S. I forgot to ask: How do you set up 2 channels (headphones and speakers)

geposted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 2:56 am
You must first enable 4 speaker mode with the relevant Creative device. In Atomix choose 3D soundcard and speaker+headphones. Connect your speakers to the 'front' output on your soundcard, and connect your headphones to the 'rear' output.

You will then have the main output of Atomix coming through the speakers, as normal. In the headphones you will hear whichever deck is selected in the program.

geposted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 4:22 pm
Thank you.

geposted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 6:06 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
For the USB audio device, I'm using a Telex now for several months. I play out in clubs 2-3 nights a week. So far it's working great. On a Sony Vaio laptop. amd 800 with 128 ram.

good luck

geposted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 7:49 pm
JoeyOHome userMember since 2001
I notice a lot of people saying that they purchased the Telex sound adapter. Could someone please tell me which model number you are using. I saw the P-500 sound adapter, which seems like the right product, but I wanted to ask around before I actually purchased it.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop with Windows XP Professional.

geposted Sat 29 Dec 01 @ 11:09 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)