Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Soundcard questions......

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
Hey all, im currently running Atomixmp3 2.1 with my SB Live! in 3d mode... however my motherboard has an onboard ESS Allegro Soundcard......

should i continue runnin it in 3d mode, or use the 2 soundcards in my system???

thnx
.::DJ Ben Jammin::.

geposted Thu 02 May 02 @ 11:40 am
I'd say you should put your 3D-solution through some serious testing, listening for latencies and the quality of the output and then do the same with the 2-cards-configuration.

Using 2 different soundcards might cause a bit of latency between them so that if they are in sync in Atomix they are de-synced by the time they reach the line-out of both cards (that's IF the soundcards noticeable differences in the time it takes for them to turn the input (data) to output (audio)).

...another thing that might happen with either configuration is that it gets somewhat demanding to the system and maybe Atomix handles the two configurations differently..
Maybe splitting it up to front and read channels of a quadraphonic 3D setup is more resourcedemanding or more difficult to retain good audio-quality than just sending each deck to separate soundcards or maybe it's the other way around..
There's no way of telling without actually testing both solutions since unless you actually had 2 3D-soundcards for some bizarre reason (I feel sorry for those I've seen posting about buying TWO 5.1-capable cards) and try using just one or both with all different configuration and somehow measure which solution is best with that specific soundcard...

What I'm trying to say is that no two configurations are the same... 2 computers may have the same soundcards but might still get different results with the same configuration. :)

Trial and error.. the only way to go :)

geposted Thu 02 May 02 @ 4:01 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)