Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Linux Version

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello,

would it be conceivable to wish a Linux version of AtomixMP3 ?

I guess Atomix relies heavily on Microsoft DirectX,... but is there a way to make a Linux version ?
(it is SO pleasant to be able to rely on the operating system not to crash and not to start using all the CPU for an unknown reason,...)

Maxime

geposted Mon 18 Mar 02 @ 4:59 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Use win XP. It's really loads better than Win 98 or ME (well, that's my experience!)

geposted Mon 18 Mar 02 @ 6:18 pm
well, the trouble is, with Windows, you never control what is happening.
And if you want to rely on the mixing program you use, you need to control how the CPU is used, the memory,...

And with each new version of windows, you need to upgrade your computer, but there is no improvement for good programs (like Atomix :-) it is just that Microsoft wants you to buy a new computer and a big part of the improvements of your new computer is taken by windows.

well, this is not intended to be a "war against Microsoft". It is just that with good programs like Atomix, it would be great to think "my operating system is only talking to the CPU and the program is doing everything else" it leaves more space for the program.

but it is true that latest versions of windows are more stable.

Maxime

geposted Mon 18 Mar 02 @ 6:27 pm
For those who are interested in a Linux version, a quick try with Wine (http://www.winehq.com/) was quite successful.

i downloaded http://www.codeweavers.com/technology/wine/download.php
and the installation of wine and atomix were successful.

when launching Atomix the graphical interface was not reactive enough but the different functions worked (except the MP3 name and advancement and graphs :-(

but it was a really quick try so the configuration can be improved.

and the best thing would be a recompilation with wineLib.

Maxime

geposted Tue 19 Mar 02 @ 11:44 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)