Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: janosch - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

hey i've got a question for ya. could you kind of guide me where to look to change the color for the active desk and rhythm graph? I want to make it so that the current desk is green instead of red. i'm not asking you to make it.. i'd like to figure out how to do it myself. i eventually would like to dabble with making a skin or two.. but i'm sure they'll suck. thanks

geposted Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 11:03 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Just add this to the rythm section in the xml file. Open the xml file with word pad or note pad and copy this line after the last line in the rythm section.

DJ Homeboy

PS. I too like these colors

geposted Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 11:41 pm
hey it didn't post it,

geposted Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 11:43 pm
color chan1="2" chan2="1" both="3"

geposted Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 11:43 pm
at the begining of this you will need /

hope you understand

DJ Homeboy

geposted Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 11:44 pm
Man I can't type this properly the forum doesn't let me post it properly.

Hope you can figure the rest out.

Sorry for all the posts !

geposted Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 11:45 pm
thanks dude. yeah i should be able to get it. i've learned some simple xml before (not like it's hard) i just never had to make pracitcal use of it. i'm gonna go and try do mod it right now. thanx again

geposted Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 11:47 pm
I made the current desk green to know easily what desk I'm working with when I play with arrows... so if you want to inverse these color, open the .bmp file with an editor and color the green section (in bottom) in red and the red section in green... as simple as that...

hardtech

geposted Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 11:49 pm
Hey guys... this is a real-time forum :o)

geposted Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 11:51 pm
Hi,
for wich skin would you like to change the color?
If you wan't other colors you must open the bpm-file with a
picture program (Photo-Impact, Photoshop). At the bottom
of the file there are the rythm colors. Mark the color you wan't to change and replace the color with the color you like.

My english is not the best but i hope you understand what i mean. Ask me again if you have problems to understand

greetz
Janosch

geposted Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 11:53 pm
Tout le monde, on répond en même temps !!! :o)

Je crois que ce forum est un des plus performant du net :oP

geposted Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 11:54 pm
hey janosch, it's the tascam cd-302 skin. that was cool everybody wrote so soon. i got the rhythm color the way i want it. i also figured out how to make the buttons move when you press them. there's one thing i can't get. when i have the left desk active, the rhythm is the color i want "green", but the active desk button (the A button), is red. how can i make it so that it's green? and vice versa for when the right desk is active. All i can figure out is how to make the button move when you click on it. thanx for the help guys

geposted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 1:03 am
same thing man... just change the color yourself in the .bmp

geposted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 1:29 am
gotcha

geposted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 2:18 am
The skin has been updated now but as I too was kinda eager to change it myself I can give you guys a few pointers how i did.

First of all in the [rhythm]-element I switched the names of [chan1] and [chan2] to reflect the correct graphics coordinates (so that chan1 reflects what was used to dra chan2 earlier and vice versa)

Then I had a choice: either I edit the picture and switch places on the buttons for the active/inactive desk OR I could edit the XML-file.
Just to get a little practice in XML I chose the latter:
I edited the button-elements that hade the select-function for both the channels and through some logical reasoning I gathered that what was specified before as [selected ...] should now be [down ...] and what was [down ...] earlier should now be [up] so I switched the names again to correspond with which graphics to show in which case and added an [up ..]-line to each of the two buttons and assigned it the coordinates that were in the [down..]-line before the changes were made...

Maybe it's not the best of explanations but I just wanted to give an example of how the logical this whole skinning-business really is... :)

geposted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 10:48 am
If you didn't get Tommy_2tall's explanation... I also explained this info in another skin-topic... 30 minutes earlier :)

http://www.atomixmp3.com/forum/display.html?forum=6&topic=761

It's not hard at all... if you understand the concept of coordinates and the different elements of the skin explained in the developers section under support. The only thing that is time consuming is to create the bitmap...

- Jim Nordic

Tommy_2Tall: are you from Sverige?

geposted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 5:34 pm
Hehehe.. sorry Jim, I was running low on caffeine at the time, didn't see your post until later in the afternoon...
it was way easier to understand than mine.. :)

And you're right about my nationality as well.. I'm a Swede, try not to make fun of me, allright?? ;)

geposted Thu 11 Apr 02 @ 7:41 am
Sorry Jim, didn't see that post until later in the afternoon... I guess I was running low on caffeine at the time :)
I humbly admit that you made more sence.. after all, you're the pro skinner and I'm the novice with the mindblowing plans :)

And you're right about my nationality as well...I'm a Swede, but keep it quite so the other guys won't make fun of me OK? ;)

geposted Thu 11 Apr 02 @ 7:45 am
hehe.. damn.. COFFEE!!!! PLEASE!!

Didn't see this 2nd page of posts neither..
DAMN I feel stupid :)

geposted Thu 11 Apr 02 @ 7:53 am
damn.. 18 posts.. now 19, haha. you may be a swede but i'm a rotten yankee. i'm certainly a whole newbie to the skin scene. this is only my second day dabbling with it. i do undertand the whole coordinate system tho.. as well as xml. just never used it for anything real. if i typed anything wroing i'm sorry.. i'm not exactly sober right now. ha, how lame am i. i'm drunk and i still go to the atomix site. i need help

geposted Thu 11 Apr 02 @ 8:46 am
95%