Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Shoutcast

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Mr_AdzHome userMember since 2001
I'm having a bit of a prob, when I try to open 2xShoutcast (or even 1) I can't open the options for Shoutcast to connect to the server.
Just wondering if anyone had a suggestion to get around this.
Cheers

Adz.

geposted Sun 28 Jan 01 @ 6:44 am
I guess by the flood of responses there is nothing I can do

Maybe there is another way to get live streaming from Atomix...?

geposted Thu 01 Feb 01 @ 10:14 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've never used Shoutcast myself. Maybe most here haven't either. Maybe I'll look into myself. Wouldn't be bad having a live web mix going. ;)

geposted Thu 01 Feb 01 @ 12:41 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ahhh... Shoutcast only streams from WinAmp itself. You can't feed an outside source to it.
However...
You *might* be able to playback the wav file being written to disk by Atomix through Winamp. (If you ever used Napster, you can start playback of a mp3 in Winamp while its downloading. Perfect to see if thats the mix your really looking for, or just to listen to the file as you download it if you have a fast connection ;) I'm not sure though if the wav file can be played back while it is being created. Only thing I can say is give it a try. Use the record option on Atomix, then use Winamp to play back the .wav file thats being created (it'll be in the directory you choose to save it to of course).
The only problems(!) with this configuration is:
1. Dont plan on making any really long broadcast if you dont have enough disk space to save to in the first place. ;)
2. This method would most likely be VERY cpu intensive. So expect studdering and choppiness in playback if you have a slow computer.
If you try it out, be sure to post an update!

geposted Thu 01 Feb 01 @ 12:59 pm
polPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
I was told that:

For broadcasting it works
fine by simply using an instance of Winamp and the SHOUTcast DSP plugin
in Advanced Recording mode, and playing music in AtomixMP3. The pop-up
box on the demo, is of course annoying, and it would be nice to use a
legitimate version, which is when Steve had the idea of contacting you
with the offer of a promotion

(we'll implement it for the next next version ;) )

geposted Thu 01 Feb 01 @ 6:26 pm
Cool thanks, I'll have a muck around with the line-in stuff and see what I can do :o)

geposted Fri 02 Feb 01 @ 10:10 am
bollox! I keep forgetting to log in... lol

geposted Fri 02 Feb 01 @ 10:13 am
completely not true. with appropriate plugins you can internally feed shoutcast with any internal audiosource (atomix for example, doesn't matter).. Problem with this is that live encoding + atomix mixing with master tempo etc is so stressing on the machine that it's unthinkable atleast on my 450mhz. maybe 800+ will do without problems, who knows.

also there's available free "virtual audio cable", but atomix doesn't support free selection of audio outputs (sorry to say, but atomix configuration options are worst i've seen. Take a look at VTT PLEASE!). With it you can route audio at free will (if applications support choosing the output/input without limitations).

geposted Sat 03 Feb 01 @ 7:50 pm
I was able to get SHoutcast plugin to work Just need one instance of it and it was broadcasting fine except I could not get Atomix to play the 16bps 11khz MP# I use for broadcasting. I would like to know why it would not play them. I only broadcast at 16/11 so more people can listen. We have tried playing the faster MP3 files but broadcasting at 16/11 it causes all kinds of problems.
PLEASE someone tell me how to get 16bps/11khz MP3 sto play in ?Atomix
Thanks
Oh If you want two instances if you name them differnt it might work. But I only needed one
you can email me at ncr@internetcds.com
Thanks and hope some one can help

geposted Fri 09 Feb 01 @ 10:11 am
flexHome userMember since 2001
Best way I have found to use Atomix MP3 is this.

Open Atomix and use as usuall (I have a twin soundcard set up, first for playing of both atomix decks, second for cueing with headphones.)

Open winamp with shoutcast plugin installed and loaded.

Take a cable from the speaker-out on your main soundcard to the line-in on your recording soundcard (select this in control panelmultimedia) this will need a 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack cable, male to male. You should be able to pick these up at any tandy, comet, radio shack etc...or make one yourself using to ends of spare headphones lying about.

Now setup the winamp stream to take input from the line-in using the linerec command and plugin for shoutcast (availible from the www.shoutcast.com)

This will allow you to mix your mp3s to the speaker out, which will send to the line-in on your recording soundcard then winamp will stream whatever it recives, so you can even use a microphone and other applications and winamp will stream whatever you play on your PC, great eh =O)

Flex

Flex@uniteddreams.co.uk

geposted Tue 13 Feb 01 @ 1:03 pm
Hi

If you have a SB Live-soundcard u just choose : Line-in = What you are hearing (that is an option)

Set atomixmp3 to
Output = SB live card
Headphones = the 2nd card (i my case SB PCI 128)

Start up winamp and connect to your shoutcast-server.

Start Mixing

geposted Fri 16 Feb 01 @ 12:46 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)