Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ASTERIC NEXT TO BPM

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
WHAT DOES IT MEAN IF THERE IS A * NEXT TO THE BPM....

ALSO IS THERE ANY ADVICE OR SHORTCUTS ON SETTING UP ALL YOUR HIP HOP MP3S.......

I'VE NOTICED THAT VIRTUAL DJ DOES AN AWESOME JOB WITH HOUSE, TECHNO, ETC....BUT WITH HIP HOP ITS ALL OVER THE PLACE.

ARE THERE ANY SET STEPS FOR SETTING THE CORRECT BPMS....I'VE TRIED SETTING THE FISRT AND FOURTH BEATS BUT THEY JUST FALL OFF LATER ON......ANY SUGGESTIONS???

geposted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 6:46 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
The astrix means that VDJ can successfully automix that track with another with an astrix. As for hip hop I reccomend that you manualy tap out the bpms yourself. Then set the cbg's up. If you have any other questions I will be happy to help.

geposted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 10:32 am
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
IVE TRIED THE TAPPING METHOD AND THEN TRYING TO LINE UP THE BLOCKS TO THE BEATS BUT THEY RARELY STAY ON.....

DOES ANYONE HAVE MAYBE A STEP BY STEP PROCESS THEY GO THROUGH FOR BEST RESULTS?

geposted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 11:26 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Manual beat tapping is NOT an exact science. Most of the tracks that you tap out manually will be a bit off. These tracks have to be mixed manually. One ear on the headphones, and the other ear on the room. Use the pitch adjustment to get it lined up...

The advantage to manually beat tapping to me is primarily that songs with similar BPM's will be displayed together when you do a sort by BPM.

Over time, you will recognise the songs that are incorrect, and know that you need to mix them the old fashioned way.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... see the key on your keyboard that says "caps lock" Press it once, and you won't seem to be SHOUTING in the forum.

geposted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 11:29 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003

geposted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 11:29 pm
You just mentioned moving the CBG bars, but I can't seem to move them.

Sometimes VDJ incorrectly computes the CBG, and it simply needs to be moved a bit to hit the beats, but I can't figure out how to move them. (I RTFM and it said to 'right-click on the BPM display window in order to adjust it', but that doesn't seem to do anything except move the position in the song.)

Clearly the beatlock syncs on the CBG, so moving the CBG to the right place would make mixing VERY easy. ('course, there's no substitute for a pair of 1200s and some vinyl!)

Thanks,

R.

geposted Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 8:41 pm
Okay, I found how to change the CBG location, but VDJ doesn't remember the new location during beatlock mixing. The CBG blocks go back to where VDJ originally thought they should be.

Not very useful...

R.

geposted Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 8:51 pm
rjdennison

Maybe it's your craked version of VDJ 1.09 which have an issue.

Buy a djconsole don't allow you to crak VDJ.

geposted Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 9:03 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)