Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: splitting mixes into tracks

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi, does anyone know of a good program that will split long mixes into individual tracks. I know atomix has that function, but sometimes I have two or more instances open at once and I am recording from the lineout of my mixer into back into the laptop. When I come to burn my mix to cd however I want to be able to split the long mix into tracks so I dont have to skip all the way through to find a point in the mix. Please help.
Thanx

geposted Thu 16 Jan 03 @ 4:33 pm
jackcuHome userMember since 2004
You can do this using your CD burning software. I use Nero and it allows me to insert "index points" in to a single .wav file.

HTH,

Jack.

geposted Thu 16 Jan 03 @ 4:44 pm
Thanks Jackcu,
Does it work with mp3 files though. And if not does anyone know which produces better sound quality .wav or .mp3

geposted Thu 16 Jan 03 @ 8:06 pm
in my opinion i think mp3 sounds clearer.. well it does when i play discs written on my p.c in my car

geposted Fri 17 Jan 03 @ 2:36 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
A wav file actually duplicates the original digital audio.

geposted Fri 17 Jan 03 @ 7:57 am
It won't make any difference in the sound quality. The MP3 already has a lot of the sound information thrown away during the compression process. Converting to a .wav will make the file bigger but won't change the sound quality as the audio information thrown away can't be added back.

As far as burning it to CD, you would need to convert to .wav as your burning software will only allow you to add index points to a file that it recognises as audio. An MP3 file will show up as data to your burner.

Cheers,

Jack.

geposted Tue 21 Jan 03 @ 4:48 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I was talking about an original rip... a wav file duplicates the da on a direct cd rip. Of course un-compressing an mp3 to a wav will only increase the size of the file about 10X, but will not improve the quality.

geposted Tue 21 Jan 03 @ 5:15 pm
Rick is correct, of course. The original ripped .wav is exactly the same as the CD Audio.

However, I am assuming from previous posts that jukesy is playing a set on AtomixMP3 using MP3's and recording this in to his PC from his mixer rather than using AtomixMP3's "record" function. I seem to remember from another thread that he is recording it as an MP3 - although I'm not entirely sure how.

Anyway, if this is the case, he will need to convert back to .wav in order to use index points in his CD burning software. As Rick points out, this won't do anything to the quality of the audio, but it will make it about 10 times larger.

Cheers,

Jack.

geposted Wed 22 Jan 03 @ 2:16 pm
Thanks guys.
I am using musicmatch to record the sound through the line in. I will record as wave file from now on. How do I use these index points though, and what program do you recommend. I got nero of kazaa, gut it wont write to cd it keeps coming up with errors.

geposted Thu 23 Jan 03 @ 6:33 pm
Well that's the trouble with pirated software I guess
;)

The full version is fairly cheap and it's a great program. I would recommend buying it - indexing is relatively easy.
Let me know if you need any help with it once you get a working version.

Cheers,

Jack.

geposted Fri 24 Jan 03 @ 4:20 pm
will nero 5.5 do

geposted Fri 24 Jan 03 @ 7:41 pm
corePRO InfinityMember since 2003

geposted Sat 25 Jan 03 @ 1:20 am
Nice one

geposted Sat 25 Jan 03 @ 2:39 am
Yep,

Version 5.5 should do the job, although that musiccutter prog looks like it might work on your MP3's.

Good luck,

Jack.

geposted Mon 27 Jan 03 @ 4:32 pm
musicutter is cool, another choice is mp3 cutter. I use that and it supports all formats. you can get it here:

http://www.tranceaddict.com

geposted Mon 27 Jan 03 @ 11:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)