Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Keep over-loop playing even if track is stopped

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

jcoupalHome userMember since 2001
I request for the developers of plugins to modify the over-loop effect plugin so that the over-looped part of a song keeps on playing even if the track has ended or is paused. It would make a pretty good mixing tool.
Thank you
DJCC - from VENEZUELA

geposted Sun 16 Feb 03 @ 7:16 pm
I'm not 100% sure about this but even with the plugin-SDK for 2.2(which is reaaally interesting) it still seems like that if the track stops the plugin is automatically stopped as well.. or maybe that's just the way most plugins are coded...

Maybe, just maybe, there's some way to keep on processing even when the tracks stop.. like if the current input is 0 = no sound then keep on working with the sample and don't mix it with the source...
That'd be cool...

But how would you use it? I mean.. once you press stop or pause you're stuck.. you'll be terribly out of sync once you press play...
The only way to evade that problem would be to do the following(which would probably be annoying for the user):

Once the plugin has gotten it's first sample, remember the songpos it got started on.
When/if the song is paused or stopped, stop mixing the input with the sampled loop, just use the sample.
When/if the song is started again, don't mix it in immediately: wait until the the next "start" of the loop and then reset the songposition to that saved location and start mixing it into the output and by setting the songpos to the exact same place the sample is taken from it should be in sync.

geposted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 2:11 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)