Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: My scratch prototype

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

xuriHome userMember since 2003

geposted Mon 12 May 03 @ 7:06 pm
No pics or vids coming up... :(

Thanks to digitize for your idea by the way! ;-)

geposted Mon 12 May 03 @ 8:25 pm
i'm sorry, now it's okay. I wish have ready first demo with atomixmp3 soon. Be patient.

I test it in Atomixmp3 before, and it's run good.

geposted Mon 12 May 03 @ 8:28 pm
Please give credit for ripping off my original Xuri, it's only polite.... you might as well have posted my pictures on your page....

Regards,
Scott

geposted Mon 12 May 03 @ 8:35 pm
http://fastforwardthinker.com
Design Section

To see touch-activated scratch interface video, and picture of completed controller, and also, the original picture that Xuri copied of the optical scratch interface... ;-)

-Scott

geposted Mon 12 May 03 @ 8:40 pm
mhvuHome userMember since 2003
catfight, meowwww mewwoooo...

geposted Mon 12 May 03 @ 10:37 pm
lol, say me you i must put your images in my website? why?

geposted Tue 13 May 03 @ 1:37 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
xuri,

DJ Digitize was just saying that he had already released the some picutures of his controller set up and I am sure he finds it a bit strange that all of a sudden someone else is working on the same thing. Maybe the 2 of you could work together.
Also your pics are not viewable still......

geposted Tue 13 May 03 @ 1:54 am
Xuri, I must quote an earlier message from you, posted below after a link to my site:

"wow! i'm fascinated! now, i'm doing my own scratch plat. my experience and 1st test: http://portalxuri.dnsq.org/dj.jpg"

So, all I am just saying is don't call it "your" scratch controller, when the concept truly is mine. It is more polite to say "I am trying to duplicate Digitize's first scratch controller" than to try and claim credit for it.

Anyway, good luck on it, I found several major flaws with that method, which is about 3 months old....

Regards,
Scott

geposted Tue 13 May 03 @ 2:46 am
i'm sorry if you feel bad, if i post that it is my prototype, i would say i'm trying to mount my prototype.

Now I upload a new video with atomix demostration, but haven't sound because i haven't microphone. I try this night to have a demostration with sound.

i'm using an Genius mini optical mouse. What mouse are using you?

geposted Tue 13 May 03 @ 3:49 pm
I update the website. Now, i upload a video with sound and using scratch prototype with ATOMIXMP3. Remember that the original idea is of DJ DiGiTize. You can see my new video on http://portalxuri.dnsq.org/scratch/

geposted Tue 13 May 03 @ 10:51 pm

hello again! I hope to have for today a new version of my prototype. It has been improved much sensitivity among other things

geposted Fri 16 May 03 @ 9:14 am
First off, I have no problem with Yuri doing his own scratch device. I simply would have liked him to give some credit, which he did, and thats that. No problems.

Secondly, the method which Yuri is using is great for beiginners with an extra opti-mouse laying around (but it is not what is being used currently in my controller) Again, no problems.

Finally, your pesemistic claims about the business aspect of a hardware controller are unfounded. You have no idea what kind of offers have been flying my way, much less how my product is made, or ANY idea what it costs to manufacture. That's the reason I have done my research, I have partners doing research, and I have firms interested in helping get it off the ground. Furthermore, it not about the money. It is about getting a controller that is as inoovative as our beloved software to the users for about the same cost as the program itself. Why pay $500 for a controller of a $60 program??? Exactly. Cost effectiveness coupled with functionality and great design is quite an edge in the business world, my friend.

Rather than bitch about how it should be (or can't be), you should take note from the other users in the forum, and start being optimistic. It takes hard work and dedication to get any where near the level I am at right now. You know why? Because of all the positive feedback I get. As far as the business aspect goes, I will take the advice from professionals who are paid to analyze business models and market potential, and frankly, I could care less if you think the whole DJ-Software industry is doomed, because for every one of you little pricks, there's 1,000 others who strongly disagree with you, including myself. Not to mention, in case you haven't even seen the videos on my website, the controller works with traktor too.........

Positive input is always appreciated, but your negative bashing needs to stay in the closet along with your DJ skills.

Regards,
Scott

geposted Thu 22 May 03 @ 7:42 pm
One more thing-

do you know how many products you use every day were met with tenfold the criticism and skepticism that you have presented to me? The bulbs that light your house, the car you drive, the vinyl records you listen to, and yes, even the computer you type on were all said by many to be certain failures. But if it weren't for the innovative developers like edison, ford and countless others who went against the grain and showed dedication in the face of criticism, there would never be such things you take for granted. The fact you tell me it's never going to work or sell only makes me try harder to prove you wrong.

Regards,
Scott

geposted Thu 22 May 03 @ 8:17 pm
DJ JimHome userMember since 2003
For the type of music I play, A hardware controller is something I'd never need. But judging by the number of posts I've seen about one since I've been involved with AtomixMP3, I'd say there's a market out there for one.

I've dabbled with electronics for over 30 years. And to do what DJ Digitize is doing, take a lot of hard work and dedication.

Keep up the good work....You've got more people behind you, then against you.

DJ_Jim

geposted Fri 23 May 03 @ 4:02 am
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
I'll second that..!!!
AMEN, cheers bro keep up the great work :D\

.::DJ Ben Jammin::.

geposted Fri 23 May 03 @ 6:19 am
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
@SHAGGYT

I guess you wont be wanting one then!

LOL

geposted Fri 23 May 03 @ 12:43 pm
Am I the only one lost here. Why is DJ Digitize so upset. I must have missed a post. As off what you do Digitize, I think it is great.

The only mistake you did, for me, is to talk about the bashing, because it made someone like me wanting to find out about it. I'm in favour of encouraging bad comment, but taking them for what they are, something there is no need to waste time for!

Keep on going man, you are right, for one negative you have many more supporting you.

geposted Fri 23 May 03 @ 3:16 pm
ShaggyTHome userMember since 2001
It seems my message was deleted, for what reason I'm not sure. Perhapes because I was critical of the Atomix team and their lack vision with the product. I thought I addressed some very important points, and it's a shame the team chose to censor this, but the fact that they did is a prime example of why Atomix is falling behind in the game.

I apologise to DiGiTize for being such a pessimist about the hardware controller - I'm probably wrong. But hearing you whine about someone "stealing" this idea seemed rediculous. I have, in all of twenty minutes, built my very own scratch device - it was so simple, and worked so well, that it's amazing no-one has done this sooner. I can see where developing this into an inexpensive control device like Mixman's DM2 would be quite advantageous for Atomix users. I wish you the best of luck, and if indeed you can keep the price below $70, I'll be the first to buy one.

cheers,
shaggyt

geposted Fri 23 May 03 @ 7:47 pm
I must also apologize for "whining". I admit, I got a little heated, but all that had to be done was give thanks or credit or something, which was done. Problem solved.

I wish the best of luck for anyone trying to build their own, in fact, I encourage it.

I appreciate the support that has been given about my controller, because you guys are the reason I'm doing this. There is much more to it than a scratch interface, I have purposely pushed the envelope on the layout and controls. The beauty of atomix, and most dj programs it that you have sooo many more control options than turntables/cd's/etc. I am pushing my controller in a direction that addresses several porblems that have plauged us from the beginning: the lack of the "human touch" factor and not being able to efficiently manipulate many, many controls at the same time.

Getting off the topic a bit. I want to say thanks to all the support and sorry for being a dick. I want you guys to speak up if you have ideas or things you don't like. Constructive criticism is welcomed with open arms, don't forget that, but It's frustrating to hear people just rag on it.

Once the controller gets out of this design show (june 15th) I should be able to give you guys some videos of the controls themselves in action...

Regards & Apologies,
digitize

geposted Sun 25 May 03 @ 12:44 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)