Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: problems with laptop hook up to mixer

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am going out of the headphone out on my gateway laptop with a stereo 1/8" to 1/4" cable into my Mackie 808m powered mixer.
When I hook the cable up to the mic in on the individual channel , I get music that sounds like there is too much reverb and not enough vocal.(like I'm only getting one side of the stereo recording), if I hook it up to the channel insert , I get the proper music mix but get a loud hum with it. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong. I just bought the used laptop and I'm not sure about the soundcard. I'm guessing that it is the stock soundcard. I love atomix but would like to use it with my PA. Any help would be highly appreciated.

geposted Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 1:48 am
just go out and buy a usb sound card maya 44

geposted Mon 21 Jun 04 @ 8:36 am

When I hook the cable up to the mic in on the individual channel , I get music that sounds like there is too much reverb and not enough vocal.(like I'm only getting one side of the stereo recording)
......this is because the mic input/output is a MONO SIGNAL, and does not carry both sides of the STEREO SIGNAL
............if I hook it up to the channel insert , I get the proper music mix but get a loud hum with it
.....this sounds to me like a grounding problem...try taking the plastic/rubber coating off of both ends of a wire then hooking the wire to to the metal frame on both the laptop and mixer...any screw on the outside of the laptop or mixer will do.
how about posting a replay and letting us all know if this was the fix..........ty

geposted Mon 21 Jun 04 @ 8:57 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)