Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: My New Music Video Page

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have created a web page on my site to showcase my music video shows. What do you guys think so far?

Thanks to DJ Dennis for telling me about the animation software and thanks to Radioactive Rob. You know why. lol

http://yourbasicdj.com/files/index.php?id=38

geposted Tue 02 Aug 05 @ 6:44 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
It's great, congrats.

I think it will be more impacting if you put a vdj mixed video (or with effects in it) like you do with your previews in your demo area.

geposted Tue 02 Aug 05 @ 7:09 pm
Very nice site! I really like the animation at the top. Well done.

I do mobile work and need to set up an website. The problem for me is that I know nothing about HTML code. How difficult do you guys think it will be? Do you think I should pay a company to build it? How much should I expect to pay if I do? Thanks for any suggestions.

Killabee44

geposted Tue 02 Aug 05 @ 7:38 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Basic;
Checked out your site; Impressive.
I noticed you have the same monitor stand for your karaoke. Question; Have you got the monitor strapped downed? The strap doesn't seem to work for me. I am probably going to just use industrial velcro.

geposted Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 6:33 pm
cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@Killabee: the answer is IT DEPENDS!

It depends on the image you want to project. Some years ago I used to be a web developer, and it does take time (just like DJing) to develop the skills needed to build an impressive-looking web site. So, if you need a professional-looking web site, contract with someone who is good (and you know from your friends/acquintances that they are good). For a basic site (intro, past gigs, references, schedule), expect to pay $500-800 in the U.S.

On the other hand, if all you need a web site for is to keep people updated on your schedule and you don't care (that much) about its visual appeal, I would say any book on HTML will do the trick.

While I am on a roll here, VDJ needs a new, more professional-looking web site. Gotta look the part too, not just act it!

Later...

geposted Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 7:29 pm
Congrads Basic. Looks like you got your stuff all in order! Cool.

MS

geposted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 1:40 am
Killabee,

You can get a professional, high end site for less then $130 bucks. You will need however Macromedia Studio to update it. The pros of getting this program which can be about 700-900 bucks is that you have all the software for creating, maintaining, and updating sites. This includes flash, movie sites plus adding music. You don't even need to know HTML to design a high end website. Dreamweaver does it for you with a WYSIWYG interface. Add images, text, sometimes in a template or pre-determined layout, post the site to your host, and you are ready to go. They even sell high end templates on the net that you can tweak by adding your visuals and text. The good thing about Macromedia's programs is that you can buy cheap "Teach Yourself Visually" books that will have you running the program in no time. Its an investment in time to learn the software, but worth its weight in gold. Hope this helps.

Cuidate!
VDJ Batibiri

geposted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 5:28 pm
Thanks for all the good info guys.. Shaggypoet, when you say that "You can get a professional, high end site for less then $130 bucks" What exactly does the $130 get me? The website itself, or the bandwidth?

I will check out that program and see about getting a book.

Killabee44

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 6:29 pm
Mira Loco,

Well around $130 or just slightly over $130 for the template and hosting. More like $160 to be exact.

Check out this Virtual Dj Video Mix ------

A High End Template on A Budget Commercial:

Primero. High End Template for Dreamweaver. This includes the full site template with a Flash Image Banner or the whole site as HTML. This includes site image files. About 45-90 bones $. Hit me back channel and I can tell you were to go if you want to design the site with a template. With Dreamweaver you can layout the text and with Fireworks you can redo the images or resize your own for insertion into the Dreamweaver template. (Leave me your MSN)

Segundo. Hosting - www.ipowerweb.com (About $100 bones). There are other places for Hosting but for the amount of space you get and the control panel interface, you can't beat their packages. They have great plugins like RSS News Feeds, Forms, Shopping Carts, Email box set ups - about 500 or more per site and much more.

Tercero. Dreamweaver MX Studio (Full Version) - About $700 - $900 maybe Less if you look in the right place. Try Ebay, Newegg, Tigerdirect, or Zip Zoom Fly.

That's a full high end site, that usually would cost you a couple grand to pay someone for less then $1000 if you do the homework and design the site yourself. I mean a real nice design site, something that will make folks go - Whoa!!!!

The cost of learning web development and knowing you did it all by yourself... Priceless.

The Virtual Dj Forum Card. Nobody Does it Better.

Cuidate!
VDJ "Cohelo Con Take It Easy" Batibiri

geposted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 12:11 am
Shaggypoet,

Real good info. My email address is in my blog but I dont use MSN. I was looking for yours in your blog but it wasnt there, so plz email me. I dont post it here because of the spammers. I definitely want to know where to shop for the full template. Peace.

Killabee44

geposted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 10:05 pm
Killabee,

The Wutang soldier sent you the scroll you requested.. You should now be able to find your way into Shaolin temple for the encounter with the web template gods.
Adios.
VDJ Batibiri

geposted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 11:36 pm
xemohost.com has really cheap hosting

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:39 pm

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:39 pm

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:40 pm
xemohost.com has super cheap hosting, tell me what you think

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:40 pm
wow, what happened up there, i only clicked once :p and they can also make you a custom package, which is pretty awseome

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:41 pm
@ killabee, xemohost.com also makes awseome web sites for people, they are really cheap there too...

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:44 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)