Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Question about technique Im interested in

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello,

I've been listenin to the radio and keep hearing some djs using this technique but Im unsure oh how they exactly do it. Mainly its when they are playing a song and they somehow are able to keep the instrumentals going while they chop and cut the voice. I was wondering if all they are doing is playing the instumentals on one turntable while they play acapellas on another. Is that how they keep the song going while they screw with the acapellas?

geposted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 11:44 pm
This is pretty common DJ trick. Usually they use at least the instrumental version on one deck and either an accapella or the regular version on the other deck. I have a DJ subscription service that gets me all the new instrumentals and accapellas,.. but I would probably have a lot more fun with these if I had OLD instrumentals in accapellas. This is also fun to do with VDJ, even if you don't have TCV/TCCD or XP10s,.. just use cue points to help chop up those vocals or the regular version over an instrumental.

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 12:36 am
where would you get this subscription for instrumentals and accapellas?

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 3:36 am
Yeah, anewsome... I too would be interested in finding out how much that record pool is and which one it is as well. Thanks.

Killabee44

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 3:50 am
I have subscriptions from 2 companies, www.promoonly.com and www.ergmusic.com. The Promo Only Urban Club series comes with two disks every month. 1 disk is the uncut (explicit sometimes) versions, and the second disk has all the instrumentals and accapellas of the same songs. From promo only I have - urban radio, urban club and mainstream radio (around $160 each), and ergmusic nu urban traxx (about the same price).

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 8:33 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is this site against posting free download places for mp3's? I myself havnt paid for any of my music luckily... have friends who are willing to share

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 10:07 am
Damn, the only thing that sucks is that the 1st site requires for you to be a proffesional DJ (dunno how I would prove that) and the other site requires a username: password.

So far the only other place Ive been able to get accapellas and instrumentals from has been ebay. Anybody else have sites to get accapellas and instrumentals from?

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 12:26 pm
General MP3 songs are pretty easy to get. What Im looking for the most is acapellas and instrumentals. I mean comn, thats where the fun part is. Mixing your favorite music with your favorite lyrics. I ordered a couple of accapellas and instrumentals from ebay and would happily share them with anyone.

geposted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 1:29 am
you can get records with acappelas and instrumentals from beatstreet.ca

geposted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 2:27 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
one way is to use the a cappella over the instrumental but i doubt thats what the radio djs were doing.
doing that while mixing thats a lot of work.

if the cutting sounds 'very fast' most probably they'r just using the phono/line-in switch on the mixer and doing it very fast. those switches are usually above the equalizer. it gives a better "on-off sound" effect than using the crossfader.

geposted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 4:22 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)