Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Quad Video Cards

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 9:08 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
JUNK!

geposted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 9:58 am
Cyder, do you have one of these cards? Well I do and I would certainly not call it junk, I also would not recommend anyone buy it. If you really need 4 monitors hooked up to your PC, I would recommend a professional model by a company who specializes in Quad setups. Running 4 heads is not trivial. You really want to go with a Quad pro.

geposted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 12:51 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
nope i don't own one but anything video that runs on a pci slot is going to be very slow.

geposted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 12:57 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Besides, the real solution to 4 display with one video card cost around $700 usd and most resides in a PCI Express or AGP slot minimum.

geposted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 2:08 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
well actualy unless your transfering large amounds of floating point values and high resolution textures then there is little need for agp or pci-e. even if 2 of the display heads are to be used for high resolution video the standard pci bus has pleanty of bandwidth for simple 2d displaying as im sure the guy who had one can attest. AGP was created to cope with bigger and bigger games not because pci was too slow to cope with normal windows applications liek virtual dj. im not saying it wouldnt help if it was agp but it will most certainly do the job. oh and to call something you have abslutely no idea about 'JUNK!' based on 3 letters you saw is a bit stupid. you dont need to spend huyndreds to get a card to do a simple job, martox is one of the longest running graphics card manurfacturers and certainly knows more about multi-head graphics-cards than anyone on this forum.

geposted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 2:27 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)