Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Rack mounted controller

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Will we be seeing a rack mounted controller for VDJ?
I am ready for a second rack system and would rather have a totally mapped controller for VDJ than a dac if one is in the works, I'll wait.

geposted Sun 21 Mar 04 @ 9:26 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
me too.

geposted Mon 22 Mar 04 @ 11:11 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
me three

geposted Tue 23 Mar 04 @ 4:38 am
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
me four...

geposted Tue 23 Mar 04 @ 8:04 pm
me eight :P

geposted Tue 23 Mar 04 @ 10:39 pm
I guess they cant count in the UK....lol

geposted Tue 23 Mar 04 @ 11:58 pm
Walkers wants 4 thats all.
Well, there's an order for 10 anyway...........

geposted Wed 24 Mar 04 @ 12:15 am
lol

geposted Wed 24 Mar 04 @ 12:44 am
Count me in, I also would like 1 or 2...

geposted Thu 25 Mar 04 @ 11:40 pm
If you set up the DAC2 with an external mixer it works perfect! I absolutely love it... would love some updates on VDJ too... but I'm sure they are coming...

geposted Sat 27 Mar 04 @ 3:43 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
The DAC-2 would be perfect if....

THEY LET US MAP IT OURSELFS!

geposted Sat 27 Mar 04 @ 6:04 am
Very true Cyder...

geposted Sat 27 Mar 04 @ 1:02 pm
What's up with this??????
At least tell us if it's coming or not, or give us the ability to map the different controllers.
Marketing VDJ to mobile professionals will require rack controllers, not table top or Toys R Us type units.
This Hercules thingy is the laugh of the industry from what I read on different boards.
Opinions out there is that VDJ is "consumer" software which I argue to the bone. Be all you can be, this is a hell of a program and needs this feature in a bad way if it's going to compete with the others who integrate controllers.
Controllers that simulate cd players (such as the skins) is what will court new djs into mp3 playback. They are already comfortable with cd controllers which makes the transition easy to mp3.
Those coming from PCDJ with the dac have a real problem with wrong buttons designated with VDJ. If we could fix it the whole mess would go away. Hitting the wrong buttons while making the transition to VDJ is pretty hairy and need not happen. There are alot of guys out there searching for ideal programs right now, this feature is pretty important one in making the switch. It's like going from an American car to a UK car with the wheel on the other side.

Lastly, we need to be able to load off the waitlist with the load button like we can off the open track listing.
We are bridging the river impossible having to use drag and drop with the waitlist.
Sorry for the rant, but talk to us.........

geposted Sat 27 Mar 04 @ 1:27 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i believe that i have read somewhere that you can join two XP-10s together with a special bracket to convert them into one 19" rack mount controller

geposted Sun 28 Mar 04 @ 1:12 pm
The xp10 is too tall for either of my consoles, it's 5.69" and the dacs are 3.5".
Certainly full sized jog wheels are going to need more space, but hey i've only go so much space to work with.
Honestly having become acustomed to the dac-2 it makes more sence to remap and make the reatures align with the program. There has to be a way............

geposted Sun 28 Mar 04 @ 5:03 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i'm sure there is but because the DAC-2 was specifically designed for PCDJ the programmers have essentially had to hack into the thing and work out command controlls for buttons, it may simpally be that they havn't found a way to make all the buttons on the controller work yet and therefore they havn't created a way to map all the buttons

geposted Mon 29 Mar 04 @ 8:22 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)