Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCV: needle noise

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I got my TCV on Friday (ordered online only 3 days before!!!), and it works great: I get 100% signal, no problem at all with my Indigo I/O PCMCIA soundcard in ASIO mode, everything top-notch except one little thing: the TCV noise straight from the needle.

Now, I'm NOT talking about the noise coming through my soundcard and out of my speakers (I muted the input monitoring). I'm talking about the noise of the stylus on the TCV, even if I don't plug my turntable output into anything.

I have tried two different needles: my good ol' Stanton Trackmaster with T-AL stylus, and my backup Stanton "craze" D5200 needle. The second one produces a much lower "siren noise" than the trackmaster, but it's still a bit annoying when used in a home setting at low speaker volume (so as not to wake up baby bambi). Of course, at normal monitor volumes this is not an issue since the master output coming out of the monitors totally overpowers the needle noise...

Has anyone worked around this issue, maybe with a cheaper, low-output cartridge? can one recommend such a cartridge?

thanks,

Nicolas

geposted Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 8:08 pm
That's normal, my FinalScratch records "sounds" the same. Just krank the speaker volume...

geposted Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 11:24 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's normal...I get the same sound with either stanton 500 al or my ortofon concordes. I don't know how low you're trying to play the music but I don't notice at what I would consider the minimum level to mix. But with the volume off, yes the timecode whistle is evident.

geposted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 3:11 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)