Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: The laundy list

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Hey team,

Thought I'd put together a list of some things I've noticed in vdj I'd like added or fixed.

1. Let us re-map controller features, If I could map my dac I woudn't need a mixer. You guys do this with the keybord I imagine it wouldn't be much harder with controllers

2. Panels/hiding I'd like to close down certian parts of vdj I don't use or need to see all the time. Ie the mixer section is useless to me as I use an external mixer.

3. Audio quality/audio engine

Please take a look at this something just isn't right with the sound of vdj compared to others

4. Resize reorder redesign headings in the vdj record case.

Let us change it up :)

5. AAC support for us using itunes would be great.

6. show me the bitrate of the tracks

7. of course search by field, bpm would be great

8 export track list to .xls files or give us delimited text to work with.

9 cue lock feature to keep us from erasing valuable cues

10 more plugin slots would be great

11 vst dxi plugin support

keep up the good work team can't wait to see whats comming.

geposted Mon 22 Mar 04 @ 6:53 am
2. Panels/hiding I'd like to close down certian parts of vdj I don't use or need to see all the time. Ie the mixer section is useless to me as I use an external mixer.

>> This can be accomplished now by choosing an appropriate skin or customizing the skin yourself. The means to do it is in place, if you are not handy with graphics maybe you have a friend who can help you.

3. Audio quality/audio engine

Please take a look at this something just isn't right with the sound of vdj compared to others

>> Not sure what the issue is here. I've used the others... Traktor, MixVibes, VTT, BPMStudio etc. and I don't notice an audio quality issue. Hardware is a factor and I find USB audio is cleaner. Maybe you can be more specific.

4. Resize reorder redesign headings in the vdj record case.
Let us change it up :)

>> You do have some control here through the .XML and there is a plugin for rearranging the headings, although I agree it's not easy.

6. show me the bitrate of the tracks

>> What would be the benefit of this ? Generally you should endeavor to have all the tracks in your library sound good enough to play to a large audience. You can check bitrates with something like WinAmp. Once you put the track in your library, it should be an acceptable bitrate and so what would be the point in knowing what the bitrate is after that ?

7. of course search by field, bpm would be great

>> Search within the Playlist too, please please ! [:o)

8 export track list to .xls files or give us delimited text to work with.

>>Excel will open the playlist (.m3u) as it exist now or you can change the extension on the .m3u to .csv and work through the Excel import dialog.

geposted Mon 22 Mar 04 @ 1:20 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Note : topic renamed as 1.09 is already under validation process. More details soon.

geposted Mon 22 Mar 04 @ 3:36 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Bravo!

Having the bitrate showing allows us to chose between a 160, 192 or 320 bps through search. Frequently I will have 3-4 files come up through a search, I want to have the option to pick the song based on the bit rate, not throw files away because they are dups with a lessor bitrate.
At some point I will probably dump the dups of lessor bit rate, but now they are present during searches with no way to pick the best copy.
Is there a way to scan the whole directory for dups and delete them? Or is it a one at a time thing?

geposted Mon 22 Mar 04 @ 5:18 pm
Well assuming duplicate tracks have variations in their names, a manual process would probably be required.

Again, I would spend the time to keep a clean library by eliminating the duplicates. WinAmp can be used to easily check bitrate of duplicates.

If it's not necessary, why bog down the vDJ code ? vDJ is nice and light on it's feet as is, I would hate to see it bogged down with unnecessary code. Again, once you determine what tracks you want to keep in your library, there is no need to keep looking at bit rates. If you get some new tracks, check their bitrates in WinAmp and then file them for use by vDJ.

geposted Tue 23 Mar 04 @ 2:52 am
Good point I guess, we don't want to slow anything down, I agree.
Just a pain in the but.

geposted Tue 23 Mar 04 @ 2:13 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
It's been added in the 1.09.

geposted Thu 25 Mar 04 @ 12:43 pm
You guys do rock with the follow up, thanks.

This will also help trim down the duplicates within the program also.

geposted Thu 25 Mar 04 @ 1:06 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)