Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Just bought a BBE 882i Sonic Maximizer

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Wow.....what a difference it makes to teh overal sound of the mix....

I was looking to add an external EQ to my laptop...but the guy at teh store told me this is all I would need....and wow was he right!!

and theres just a couple knobs to play with instead of trying to figure out what frequency i need to tweak....

i reccomend it to anyone looking to giv there sound that extra UMPHHHH......

geposted Thu 01 Sep 05 @ 11:48 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
what is this actually??

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 12:00 am
He is right. .BBE technology is amazing. I tested one of the first 12v units back in like 1989 or something like that when they were a small company. The claims they made for the product made me laugh, it honestly sounded like a scam,.. that is until you listen to the thing. Of course the old adage, crappy input - crappy output still holds true. But if you have a decent signal going into this thing, the sound it can reveal is nothing short of amazing. "It's a sonic maximizer". Kinda hard to explain. Just listen ...

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 12:33 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Anyone got any samples to listen to then? The same sample recorded before and again after the processing?

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 12:41 am
The maximizer affects the sound between your ear and the speaker. You can not hear the improvement on a system that does not have the maximizer. That's like asking someone to send you a tape with some high definition material so you can see what if it looks better than standard TV,... on your standard TV. Point is, you need a high definition TV to see the difference.

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 2:15 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use this in my mobile rig and at the club -- you want to talk about clarity and sound maximized. http://www.aphex.com/204.htm
Awesome unit for anyone - only about $200 US.

cstoll

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 2:40 am
IT'S NOT ALL THAT i got one ten years ago i stop useing it years now,waning it could fuck your sp up

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 3:28 am
I use the same maximizer. Works fantastic.

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 4:19 am
Not only does it improve sound but it was a huge fix to my low signal when mixing with my hercules and my notebook. Since i didn't use a mixer with a preamp my sound quality really sucked. Now it has improved greatly. i would highly recomend it to any DJ.

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 6:10 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
so it is something to improve quality of sound??

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 3:28 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 4:01 pm
I have also heard that they can blow speakers but I used one for years and it never blew mine.
Maximizers like this one and the Aphex Aural Exciters bring out clarity and the appearance of volume. In others words you can hear things more clearly and you can get more bang out of your system. It can have a really dramatic effect with bass when you don't have a subwoofer. The effect is similar to what happens when you add compression. Notice how on the TV/radio a pin drop and an aircraft taking off are the same volume? That's compression. Compression also adds thump and is used to make a vocal sound fuller rather than thin in a mix. I think Billy Joel does or used to use a BBE maximizer (higher end one though) on his vocal, but not on the main mix.

Once you hear your main mix run through a compressor, you'll never go without one again.

I compress my vocals (-35db threshhold 5 attack 200 release) and use compression on my main mix. The first time singers heard it that way, they all got wide eyed and said, "OMG! What did you do! Sounds so much better!"

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 6:20 pm
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sonic Maximizer and Prolink Monster Cables...nuff said!

geposted Sat 03 Sep 05 @ 8:35 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)