Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: NEW SOUND ENGINE

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

what will it take for for us to get the best sound engine? i think a 100% of the djs here are willing to pay more for vdj if that's what it takes.can we have it please,there is no reason why vdj should not have the best sound engine like all the rest of the dj software out there.

geposted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 8:34 pm
I don't understand why everyone keeps saying theres a sound issue. Surely it depends on the quality of the MP3 - its sample and bit rate for example. VDJ is just triggering that MP3 - Its your sound card that converts the digital signal into an analogue signal, it then goes through your mixer, amp and eventually comes out the speakers. I don't understand.

geposted Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 1:50 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
it is true that your soundcard converts digital information provided by software into analouge sounds. it is aslo true that if your sound card has a poor quality DACs (Digital to Analouge Converters) then any quality of digital information will sound poor but you can have the best sound card in the world and the sound will be rubbish if it is sent poorly processed and manipulated, (whaty virtual dj does) almost any software that performs manipulation of soundwaves does so in a lossy, irreversibal way. the more transforsm that are done the worse the sound quality. (unless the transforms are very well made)

for example if i have the pitch on the vdj screen set to +0.1% and the turntable speed set at exactly (for arguments sake 'exactly') -0.1% then the sound coming out would not be the same quality as it had been simply playing back the file at normal speed intended in winamp for example (unless Atomix has writen very very very (almost impossibly good) code for VDJ) it is how a program deals with data and how true it processes it that makes some programs sound worse than others.

geposted Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 2:37 pm
Hi DJ Xeo u are the man I am looking for.Yu have almost the same cd players I am gonna buy and the same setup I always wanted with virtualdj...Do u use chat messnegers like yahoo or hotmail?I would really like to speak with u personally because I have some questions I definitely need answered.If u choose u can add me at chilionfarser@yahoo.com or chillos@hotmail.com and we will meet online.Thanks........

geposted Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 11:31 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
VDJ's sound Engine does need some work, it isn't as good as It could be, and from what I understand it's being dealt with, especially considering the great demand for such an improvement.

geposted Sat 08 Oct 05 @ 1:00 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
erm im not using cd players in my settup, are you sure your not confusing me with someone else?

geposted Sat 08 Oct 05 @ 1:57 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)