Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Lock Cues

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I think it would be nice if you would add a sub menu to lock a cue so that it couldn't be accidentally changed or deleted until it is unlocked. This would help to keep from messing up the cues on the wrong song when the wrong deck is selected

geposted Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 1:23 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I vote for :)

geposted Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 3:23 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Some skins have this function ;-)

geposted Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 5:06 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
do they? because I've seen the "key" icon on the Mixstation skin for example, but wasn't able to figure out how to make it work.

and I looked at the skin documentation to find some kind of "cue_lock" action but found nothing.

please, any more info on this? I'm sick and tired of overwriting cue points with the CUE button of the console by mistake...

geposted Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 5:20 pm
The skins with this "cue lock" feature are not locking the cues. They are just "disabling" the set_cue-buttons on the skin (with the use of pannels.) So if you press cue on a controller or with keyboard-shortcuts, you will change the cue. So VDJ needs this a new feature.

geposted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 2:46 am
i think we could go one step more global here and simply lock a song after you have tweaked it all perfectly. after all noone wants to acidentaly hit thier cbg button and mess it up ether

geposted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 12:31 pm
im soo use to the old way of mixing. i wish there was a way i can use both my right and left hand. to make a perfect scratch and cue in .

geposted Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 2:38 am
im soo use to the old way of mixing. i wish there was a way i can use both my right and left hand. to make a perfect scratch and cue in .

geposted Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 2:38 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm for a "safe mode" too.

geposted Sun 30 Oct 05 @ 11:03 am
Yes I vote for that too.

"Safe Mode" being able to lock a song so that unless you un-lock it first none of the information for cues or BPM can be changed.

Good implementation would be in the browser - right click, Lock/Un-Lock status marked with a check.

Only problem I see with this would be as BPM engine improves and it may get better detecting a particular song, this wouldn't be updated...although that's unlikely what if we get Vbpm in the future?

Ross.

geposted Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 9:50 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
..Let me think.. (thinking is the key..)
This is not a feature i can't live without it, but..
if such a feature is used per song, it can create some confusion, i don't like this.
I vote for a global -easy to activate/deactivate- cue lock, using a shortcut or skin button,
simillar to the way you enable/disable Master tempo for example.
So if you feel ...nervous, have an important gig.. press that key to protect your cue points from overwrite.

But there is always another way ...backup your xml database before the gig.
(all cues are there)

geposted Sat 05 Nov 05 @ 5:06 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
im for this too.

speaking of accidents...

adding a function that undoes a set cue. so that if one accidentally sets a cue there's another function that could undo it.

geposted Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 6:07 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)