Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sound card for party

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi everybody,

i use Virtual DJ since a few days because i will have a party in 2 weeks but i need some information.

First, i use the default sound pci card in my pc "soundmax integraded" can someone tell me if it is quite good to use with virtual DJ ??

I need also to know if i change the sound card is it better to use 2 sound cards in order to prepare the following music or to use a special card that can separate sounds ??

Can you give me some sound cards models ??

Thx

geposted Mon 31 Oct 05 @ 7:43 pm
Do you have a desktop or laptop?

geposted Mon 31 Oct 05 @ 10:05 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
tacticman,

You could use your current soundcard, but it will be not as good as professional soundcard. Anyway, I give you some tactics... ;-)

If you buy VDJ, you got more functions and INFORMATIOn you may not have in other ways. buy and have all VDJ power with you.
If you don't have a Mixer, try to buy this one with 2 integrated USB soundcards... you could get a nice mixer and a good soundcard at once...

Numark DM-950USB ($95 in DJDeals.com) or CM-200USB ($209 in DJDeals.com)

Good Luck!

geposted Mon 31 Oct 05 @ 10:09 pm
Hi all,

thx for you replies, i think i will use a laptop so i want to know if USB ext. sound cards are good ??

Can you give which one i can buy ?

thx

geposted Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 11:03 am
hey,

can you use the Numark DM950 two channel mixer with Vitual Dj?
in the product description it just says it has two line, two phono and one mic..

thanks

geposted Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 11:20 am
ahh no ignore that, just checked out djdeals.com ;)

geposted Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 11:59 am
ok i think i will try to buy one but can you please tell me the configuration ?

How i need to install it on the laptop ? i use the 2 usb in lines ?? so 2 usb connections on the laptop ?

And how virtual DJ can recognise it ?

In the Numark the soundcards are integrated ?

Thx

geposted Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 12:51 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Tacticman,

Numark has integrated soundcards in DMX01, DM-950USB and CM-200USB. Windows Recognize them so VDJ too.

You must have the full version to get all working and get more info.

geposted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 9:05 pm
the thing is tacticman, that this function is only supported in the FULL version of VirtualDJ

More than one soundcard, 5.1 soundcards, and headphone prelisten is NOT supported in the demo

For fully working Virtual DJ go here :
http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/

geposted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 9:12 pm
ok thx for your reply,

but i just want to know if the crossfader can be use with Virtual DJ, Do the DM950USB for example can drive the software ?

THx

geposted Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 6:24 pm
if it is midi, you can map any controller to also controll the software :)

hope that helps

geposted Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 6:27 pm
i think i am a newbie :) can you tell me what you call midi ??

geposted Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 7:28 pm
can you please help i just want to know how to configure virtual DJ to optimize the use of my NUMARK D950USB for the sound configuration and how i can use the hardware fader with virtual DJ ?
someone tell me about midi but i don't know how to map the controller.

Thx

geposted Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 3:20 pm
I don't think you can map that hardware to control VDJ... Instead, what I'd do is use the 2x soundcard config in virtualDJ, leave the software crossfader in the middle, and work using only the hardware one. That way, you can choose what deck to play, and monitor the other one through headphones. When you're ready to mix, just up the gain or crossfade or whatever :)

hope it helps,

sp.

geposted Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 5:32 pm

geposted Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 5:33 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)