Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Lighting in parties

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

First of all, I'm not sure if this is the right place... but since it's general Discussion :P!

How many, and what kind of lights do you bring to your gigs? By this i mean 50-100 people, not too large parties.

What should I look into buying?

I already have a 50W strobe light, a couple rythmic coloured bulbs, and 2x colour floodlights (That I'm not currently using.. those I made myself, and need some more tuning).

Tell me about your setups and ideas.

sp.

geposted Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 6:07 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use 4 pocket scans, a strobe, two flame lights, and a small, preprogramed DMX controller for the average gig.
If you are looking for the biggest bang for the buck though, I would suggest a derby light, like the Orca... lotsa light, lotsa color, lotsa sound active movement, no DMX controller required, cheap.

geposted Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 6:37 pm
I was thinking of making my own lights controller... no dmx no midi, just a lot of switches and logic stuff... anyone done this before?

geposted Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 9:14 pm
you might wanna wait to see if Virtual DJ can come up with something out of the box for u :)

hang around and see... ;)

geposted Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 9:31 pm
@ DJ_Spangle,
look in my blog. All the light equipment I use is stated there. I forst bought the par cans after that the Derby and Flower effects. With 8 Pars and the effects you have a basic light show for 50-100 persons. I do not recommend to build a controller with on/off buttons yourself. The trouble is that most power supplies will generate plops and ticks if you switch them off not aligned to the zero passing of the AC power. If you need more info please ask.
I therfore use 2 eurolight light bricks. These are dmx dim / switch packs. You could place them near your lamps / effects. Only 1 power line and a dmx signal, instead of a powerline to each effect.

@dj-in-norway
I suggested an idea to link vdj with lightning software. Is something in development. Could you send me some more info, by private message?

Ewout

geposted Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 10:49 pm
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If you want to make your own light system, take a look on this site www.swakke.com

geposted Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 5:43 pm
or just wait a little bit, and see what Virtual DJ might come up with :)

Dev Team here listen closely to our users, you know ;)

thats all I can say at the moment..hehe

geposted Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 6:03 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

geposted Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 6:05 pm
dj-in-norrway: That's intriguing ;)

I checked some derby lights out, and I should be able to get some used ones for about 60-70 USD... what do you think?

a little bit off topic: I did a gig last friday and I'm not really happy with the amp I'm using... was thinking of buying a power amp for 200-300W (Probably 120-140 USD, and up to 200 USD for the 300W) .. any tips on that too? What should I get first?

geposted Sun 13 Nov 05 @ 6:45 am
@Superstom: That's an incredible setup... I sure hope I could have something like that...Too short on cash to think on anything bigger atm, but a set like that sure is on my wishlist!

geposted Sun 13 Nov 05 @ 6:59 am
Go with an American DJ copilot to control your spin n pukes.

geposted Sun 13 Nov 05 @ 7:35 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)