Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: option for new shortcut

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I would love to have the ability to adjust the loop time (4, 8, 16, 32) using a midi controller.

I would use a knob to do this although sliders can work too.

Would sure be a nice addition to the many great features VDJ currently has.

DJ White Devil

geposted Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 10:38 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
do you mean the default deck loop length as changable from the remix panel with the little arrow buttons? i think you can map the loop length to a slider or nob but the only problem would be quantizing the input to the nearest standard loop length. using separate buttons to change the loop would be better in my oppinion tho but if you dont have enough buttons on your controller i guess it would be nice

geposted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 7:04 am
Well I have rotating midi knobs that I can use and I can currently use them to control volume, pitch, adjust loop length, loop shifts.

adjusting the time which is in the remix panel would be quite an addition since I wouldn't have to use a mouse to shorten the loop up.

geposted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 4:12 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I would like to have the ability to adjust the loop time (8, 16, 32) using a hercules dj console mk2 and please insert the shortcut for the listen in headphone with an auto volume disable of the the the deck in headphone.
If I want to listen one song the list of mp3 It's necessary to switch the headphone listen every time to the other deck without music because the last song in headphone are the now in play.

geposted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 3:34 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
yes for the moment i can advise you to use two rotating midi knobs: one with loop(-1) and the other one with loop(+1)
Be careful it only works in one side

A luck: with the new mapper of dj console you can program that on one rotating midi knob only :-)

geposted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 8:00 am
It already works in 3.2 with the built-in support for Hercules :)

Hold down the "triangle selector" for loop... and jog 1 = move loop, jog 2 = resize loop...

That function can possibly be mapped to xp10 and other devices too ;)

geposted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 11:50 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
AWESOME! thanks a bunch for this tip!

any other hidden shortcuts we should know about?

geposted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 4:27 pm
hehe...

I got one more ;)

You can do the same for Effects ..... Hold down the "FX triangle selector", and jog 1 and jog 2 will move slider 1 and 2 for the choosen effect ;)

Have fun, go mad! :)

geposted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 8:56 pm
by the way... the xp10 jogwheel is ALSO mapable in 3.2.... ;)

So you can make lotsa fun for the XP10 too.... hehe

geposted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 8:58 pm
Well DJ Cel I have tried your method and yes it does seem to work although activates/deactivates the loop when you move the knob.

Not exactly what I had in mind so I guess for the time being I'll keep using the mouse.

Thanks

DJ White Devil

geposted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 9:40 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)