Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: improvement to search

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

bobbiePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'd like it would be possible to write more complex search requests like:

genre=techno and bpm inf 130 (inf for inferior)

At least it would be very usefull if the Genre tag was included in the search

geposted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 1:56 pm
it's particulary working,

I have directories according to genre

if i type latino, all files in the latino directory are displayed

you can also use the wildspaces *

so
latino*lopez
should give you the results

geposted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 3:30 pm
yes if you have your files sorted by genre in directories...I want to avoid that and use the Genre tag. I spent some time putting the correct genre for each album (not only for use with VDJ but with other players too) an I'd want to use this information in search. I want to care less and less about how it is organized on the filesystem. It is possible with correct tagging and program that uses this information.

geposted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 8:10 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
you could just go to your database and sort by genre ...............
if i wanna find the song 'i wanna rock' and i type that in its gonna find me 'limp bizkit - i wanna kick your ass' etc etc because thats got the genre 'rock' mabey some other way of doing it like having search fileds instead of just a general search box.

on somethign a little un related the find box sucks sometimes not finding basic words, for example if i want to find the track pappa don't preach and i go to type in the word preach, the candidate box goes empty even tho i can find the song manualy and the word preach is there in all its glory in the title with no different case or special characters or hyphens it just plain wont find simple things sometimes for me. dont know if it been fixed now i havnt had it happen in a while

geposted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 1:32 am
The purpose of ID3 tags is not to bother on how things are physically organized on the filesystem. I want VDJ to get full use of this information. I have 40 genres and don't want one directory per genre. I have all the music in one flat directory each file tagged with great care and VDJ already use the tag info for artist and track display in the database regardless of the filename.

geposted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 12:13 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)