Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Changes to DAC-3 native support

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Although we now have the ability to develop plugins for various controllers, the DAC-3 native support built into VDJ could do with a few improvements to make it more useable 'out of the box':

* Jogwheels: When paused, these should scratch, when playing they should fine pitch bend (Similar to outer rim of XP10.) Holding down a button (E.g: CP or SHIFT) should allow scratching while playing, and possibly a button to toggle always scratch (Even when playing) on/off.

* 1-10 buttons: These should allow easy goto/set cue points as well as loops - Perhaps the following: 1-4 goes to cues 1-4, SHIFT 1-4 sets cues 1-4, 5-10 are loops 1/2/4/8/16, SHIFT 5-10 are loops 2/4/8/16/32 and CP 1-10 triggers samples 1-10

* FX, Apply, Auto - Make these directly trigger FX #1-3 - Auto stuff (Which most DAC-3 users probably never use) could be triggered with combinations of SHIFT and/or CP.

* MT - Activate/deactivate time stretch.

* - /+ buttons above pitch slider - These need to be a little bit less sensitive!

geposted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 11:54 am
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I agree with Jboggis on better features with DAC-3 Native support right out of the box.

However, I'd like to see 1-10 button all to Goto cue points and Shift plus 1-10 buttons for samples.

Jboggis is correct regarding the FX, Apply and auto buttons. If you can mapped them to the FX's it would be more aligned with the VDJ software.

I would would also like to see the buttons above FX, Apply and Auto buttons used for looping. You can use 2,4, and 8 for the buttons and shift key + for 16, 32, 64 to get most of your looping capabilties.

I would also like to see the Cue button as Stop rather than auto cue so when I'm playing I can tell which side of the controller is on and off. It also helps me go directly to the cue points I want and I'm not incorrectly making a new cue point every time I touch the cue button.

I also feel the +/- buttons are too sensitive and that MT should be for Master Tempo.

Scrolling the folders should be easier too. The Midi map we received from Jboggis had most of these features and I customized the rest for my taste.

If only I could create a .DLL mapper I do these changes myself.

geposted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 8:22 pm
I'd prefer the cue left as it is because it's behaviour is the same as most hardware CD players , allowing cue point to be set and stutter play from the cue.

I've never had any issues with changing the cue point by accident because I am used to this standard behaviour. It's even easier not to do this by accident now that the lighted buttons work - If the deck is paused and cue is not lit, pressing it will set, otherwise pressing it will stutter playback from the cue.

I imagine most other DAC-3 users would be used to it working like this too (Would be nice to be able to optionally change it to stop though, which I am planning in my DAC-3 mapper.)

It would also be nice if VDJ flashed the cue+play like some CD players do when paused and not at the cue point. This is a good warning that you are currently paused and pressing cue will set the cue point. I will probably implement this in my own custom DAC-3 mapper.

geposted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 12:04 pm
Good luck jpboggis. I know by reading some of your postings that you're having some trouble putting the mapper together. I know eventually you'll figure it out. I'm waiting patiently for your mapper.

When you finally figure it out if it isn't too much of a problem can you make a mapper that has the cue button set on default as stop rather than using Shift + cue for my needs. I don't know how much work is involved with it. I do it myself if I knew about programming

Thanks

geposted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 2:23 pm
Thanks - I think I'm very close now to getting a working DLL - Once I get this sorted, I should be able to get something basic working quite quickly.

It shoudn't be too much trouble to compile an alternative version with stop rather than cue_stop, but I am planning to make this user settable with its setting saved.

geposted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 2:42 pm
Thank you. I'm not sure what user settable means but it sounds like we can customize it. Correct me if I'm wrong?.

The people in this community appreciate your efforts

geposted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 3:25 pm
Glad I can help - It's great that VDJ now has this flexibility to customise it in this way - Adds value and leaves the dev team free to work on more important aspects of the software.

You will be able to switch it between normal cue_stop operation or stop directly from the DAC-3, plus other functions will be customisable such as auto-video crossfade speed, etc.

At some point I also plan to make it so that individual buttons can be custom mapped via a config file.

geposted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 4:08 pm
You da man! :)

I can't wait

geposted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 4:27 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)