Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: CDDB

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I know VDJ can rip MP3's from audio CD's, but it would be nice that if under options (Where I could invision turning this feature on and off) you had this ability to automatically look up the alblum, artist and track info and tag it for you as long as an internet connection was present. also being able to rip several songs at once would be nice, since ripping (and naming) one track at a time is a long and tedeous task. So please include the CCDB look up and multi ripping in future version of VDJ. Thanks.

Regards;

Redman247

geposted Thu 15 Apr 04 @ 2:08 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello, I already asked that but CDDB is a commercial service, that you need to pay for...

However I'm in!

FRUiT94

geposted Thu 15 Apr 04 @ 2:13 pm
OIC A commercial service that Atomix would have to pay for. I can imagine it to be expensive, Since Gracenote CDDB has some very big customers that use it (Musicmatch come to mind.)

Well if that is not feasable how about the ability to rip multple tracks at a time at least.

Regards;

Redman247

geposted Thu 15 Apr 04 @ 2:36 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I know there are other companies than cddb that offers the same kind of services for free, but I don't remember the name. Maybe they are not as performant as cddb but it could be a solution.

I think multi ripping is easy to add (in a new small dedicated window). The dev staff should think about it.

FRUiT94

geposted Thu 15 Apr 04 @ 2:48 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i agree that an option to have CDDB or somthing similar would be a great function. dont forget the ability to disable it tho, there is nothing worse than putting in a cd during a performance and then having dialogue boxed appear unexpectantly. so if you are not connected to the internet you can disable the cddb function and avoidany unexpected problems

geposted Fri 16 Apr 04 @ 12:43 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
Actually the rip feature in vdj is more here to help you in emergency cases where you need to grab a CD in the middle of a party when you can't close vdj. (like when someone brings you a CD he wants you to play and you want to keep the song for latter, or when the party owners have a choregraphy they want you to put at some times in the night, etc...).

But if you plan to grab your entire CD collection, you'd definitely better use some real ripping software that will be much faster and much more convenient than vdj.

geposted Fri 16 Apr 04 @ 12:15 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)