Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Thinking About Switching to VDJ But Have Questions - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

edsalPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Everybody,
Just recently downloaded the demo and have been using it for a few days now and am quite impressed with it and am thinking of purchasing the program. Right now I use PCDJ with DAC2. My questions are:

1. Can I have PCDJ and VDJ loaded on at the same time---in case VDJ crashes??
2. Will the DAC2 Mapper make any changes to PCDJ if I don't run VDJ???
3. Will my Napster songs work on both programs (not simultaneously)??
4. Will there be any conflicting issues with my Gigaport??
5. Will my AMD Athlon 3000+ be sufficient to run the program? I also run Sax-N-Dotties and Visitrax simutlaneously.

Currently, i've been running PCDJ with DAC2 into a gigaport with absolutely no problems and plays all the napster subscrition files with no problems. I've seen in the forums that VDJ has problems with the DRM files, is this issue being addressed. I would love to be able to use VDJ since it has so much more that PCDJ and the more I play with it, the better I like it.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,
ED

geposted Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 6:28 pm
hey ed..

i like the way your mind works..

1. sure you can.. the only thing is that if vdj crashes..(very rare, v3.2 v. stable) it will anyway take time for you to load a song and play in pcdj..but sure you can..

2. don know :")

3. not only will napster songs work, but if you are at a gig and have an active internet connection,, you can play any song off the entire napster database by using the "global database" feature

4. there shouldnt be.. i use the 3000+ on an asus board.. (i know that doesnt mean anything but i am just saying...;)

5. refer above...hmm should've put that here.. anyway.. kinda clueless about the proggies but the processor rocks so you should be just fine...

6. HAPPY NEW YEAR

7.LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU

shanti

DJ Rudra

geposted Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 7:06 pm
1. yes (only thing might be you need to enable the DAC inside your backup software if you should have a crash, dont know if it can be enabled in both programs at the same time, doubt that)

2. No, the DAC mapper is only for VDJ, and will NOT change any settings for PCDJ

3. Napster songs might work in PCDJ too, not sure. They have digital right management, and guess PCDJ must support that, for them to work

4. Gigaport works fine in Virtual DJ - and more than one app can use the same soundcard (in this case, yes.. both software can use the soundcard)

5. Your Pc sound be good for running Virtual DJ. You should try the demo version to test

Virtual DJ is being developed very fast, and Dev Team listen very closely to user feedback.
Any bugs, errors or other issues reported by users, Dev Team will try fixing as soon as possible.

The DRM support was added very recently, and if there has been any issues, I'm sure Dev Team will fix this for next release.

Hope that helps, and feel free to ask more if you have more questions :)

geposted Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 7:09 pm
hehe... seem we answered at the same time ;) lol... you beat me to it, as you where first....hehe

geposted Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 7:11 pm
:)) lol

my first time..

geposted Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 7:18 pm
Don't know about the DAC 2, but the DMC1 will assign itself to the first program you open. If it's PCDJ, you will only be able to use it for that. I have them both open at all times, along with WMP, and online when I am at the club. I don't have any problems.

geposted Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 8:52 pm
Hey Guys,
You all are pretty quick!!! I guess my next step would be to give it a test run on my laptop to see if i can get it going there!!

Thanks a lot fellows, I'll let you guys know how it goes!!!

ED

geposted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 12:18 am
good luck, hope all turns out well :)

happy mixing

geposted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 12:28 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
One lesson I can save you from learning is that PCDJ adds database info to the track making it larger.
VDJ identifies the files by their size.
Soooooooo, if you scan your files in VDJ first and then with PCDJ, VDJ will lose track of the file because the size of it changed.

More of a problem if you are running vdj and then load and scan with pcdj than the other way around.

Other than that they run together pretty well, but I wouldn't be as concerned with VDJ as I would be with PCDJ stability.

geposted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 12:41 am
Well, turning on read/write id tag in Virtual DJ makes that problem go away ;)

Virtual DJ then also write its values directly to the IDtag of the file (its own tags), and can read the info straight back, even if the filesize is changed.. :)

Reading tags is of course a bit slower than using the internal xml database that Virtual DJ has

geposted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 6:55 am
Well that is great news, not that I will load up pcdj ever again, it happened with a new build they sent me to look at and it bit me.

It happened with a much older version with VDJ and made for lots of grief at the wrong time for me, but thats another story.....

geposted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 12:12 pm
been there myself ;) back in the days when Virtual DJ was still young...

Scanned all files with a different app, and ... BOOM! all info lost in vdj ..

But that does not happen now ;)

geposted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 12:38 pm
And people complain.........lol

geposted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 1:31 pm
Allright Fellas,
Purchased and registered the program. Tried it from the laptop only, not hooked up into the dac2. So far everything seems to work fine---including the Napster files.

Now I've downloaded a couple of effects which I haven't installed, but my question is, for example, on the DAC-2 mapper, it says "home edition user level only". Does that mean that it won't work with version 3.2??

Thanks Again
ED

geposted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 6:59 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
No, it means that you have to be at least a "home" version user or higher, you have the "pro" version so there should be no limitations on your downloading of effects.

geposted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 7:51 pm
Allrighty then,
Think I may have purchased too soon!!!! While everything seems to work; DAC, Software and some effects I downloaded, It won't let me configure the gigaport to run on my mixer. Doesn't matter which configuration I use, I still only get one out put.

Unless there is some magic potion to fix this, I think I have a useless piece of software for now!!!

Here's my setup, in case anyone wants to drop some suggestions:

Gigaport channels 1 & 2 set up for Sax-N-Dotties
Gigaport channels 3 & 4 to channel 3 on mixer (left deck on PCDJ)
Gigaport Channels 5 & 6 to channel 4 on mixer (right deck on PCDJ)

Right now all i'm getting is audio on one channel and it doesn't seem to correspond to any channel on the mixer, I can slide the mixer crossfader and it'll play on both sides--can't figure that one out!!

So my question now is how do i get the left player on channel 3/4 and the right channel on 5/6 on my gigaport!!

Someone say there is a solution, cuz if not, I guess I'm SOL!!!!

Thanks again!!
ED

geposted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 8:51 pm
Alright here is a suggestion edsal

inside the VDJ sound control menu.

Chose the advanced option (the one with 3 soundcards and a mixer)

now from here click on advanced options

You should be able to specify which channel is being sent and where.

give that a try and let us know

DJ White Devil

PS: if you have MSN and would want to save time writing in the forums post after post just look up my MSN e-mail address in my blog and add me. I'll gladly try to help you out

geposted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 9:37 pm
Welcome Edsal...

MS

geposted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 11:08 pm
Here I go once again,
Think I fixed the problem. It appears that I was running off my primary soundcard drivers. Switch over to Gigaport drivers and that seems to have fixed the problem. I was able to isolate one channel on the headphones after re-installing the gigaport drivers, and then I switched over to channels 1/2 and 3/4 on the soundcard into my mixer. Not exactly the setup i wanted, cuz I need to have Sax N Dotties on channel 1/2, but it'll have to do for now.

It did hang up on me with some DRM files, so it's not ready to go full time yet, but I will be able to practice with it. Also, it doesn't sound like my other program, is this as good as it gets???

Thanks again,
ED

geposted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 1:30 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
settings - You need to turn the limuter OFF, timestretch OFF, set gain at -3.5 or below.

Sound quality is also under development because there are a some minor issues.

Welcome as a full version user :).

geposted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 1:52 am
87%