Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Analysing songs

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It would be nice to see how many % is done during analysing music. It's hard to know when you have 5000+ songs :)

geposted Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 8:24 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
would be.

i know for a 900MHz (384MB) computer it takes about 17 seconds to scan a file.
takes about 5 secs for a 2.2Ghz to do a file.

multiply all those by 5000 then divide by 60 seconds then 60 minutes to get the hours. then add that number to when u started analysing to know when its gonna be done :(

yes what ur asking for can be helpful. especially since when multi-analysing the program is locked up.

(with pcdj red the 'analysing' is done in a seperate window/background. so u can still fully work with the program. and u can scroll up or down and see what track is being worked on in relation to the others. and it shows {track number/of total tracks} being 'analysed'.)

geposted Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 5:51 pm
(with pcdj red the 'analysing' is done in a seperate window/background. so u can still fully work with the program. and u can scroll up or down and see what track is being worked on in relation to the others. and it shows {track number/of total tracks} being 'analysed'.)

Exactly this is needed in VDj!

geposted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 11:31 am
on this page first post
Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 10:25:46
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/11732/New_features/Post_it_here_.html?page=8
(about analyzing)

i was basically saying that if it wouldv been good if while multi-tasking, one instance could analyze tracks while the other picks up the already analyzed ones.
a work around of trying to use of instance to analyze while the other one doing other things.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have a question for u. if u have 2 instances of the program going, one of them analyzing or creating cue points, when saving the xml with a keyboard shortcut, does the other 2nd instance pick them up?

geposted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 5:33 pm
i have a question for u. if u have 2 instances of the program going, one of them analyzing or creating cue points, when saving the xml with a keyboard shortcut, does the other 2nd instance pick them up?

I didn't try jet, but i will. Yesterday i had party with 120 people and they were bringing me cds all the time :D So this function would be useful.

geposted Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 1:10 pm
yesterday i decided to become a member on the traktor board. and was looking thru the features traktor 3 has.
and this is what i found:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Architecture:
Background analysis of tracks. Higher priority for tracks loaded into the decks.
A progress bar shows the degree of completion of tasks running in the background
The software can be used without interruption while dialog boxes are open (modal dialogs)
A Message Window provides information about running processes without interrupting control of the software
( http://www.nativeinstruments.com/index.php?id=tds3allfeatures_us )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is exactly what u and i are asking for.

hope your gig went well.
i will advise u one thing tho about ppl who bring u cds. look for scratches. coz if u just blindly put scratched cds in ur computer that ish can mess ur computer up. hang ur computer or just throw it from DMA mode to PIO mode (u dont wanna know what that does. computer plays like its electrocuded). all because of a scratch.
i highly recommend u only play music from ur hard drive.

geposted Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 5:20 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)