Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: lots of update ideas

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i work at a bar that uses vdj. we mostly use the hercules, but i use the vinyls at home

ok, so heres a few. one, really need to work on the movement of files. i spend more time with explorer open in the background moving files than i do in virdual dj. it should really be drag and drop. also, we need to be able to choose more than bpm, artist. how about options to include our own fields, date modified, size, etc. sometimes, i get music from my friends, and it takes me forever to find the duplicates by right clicking each one, finding the one with the higher bitrate, deleting the other one and then, everything gets reset!

also, since the time coded vinyls are already printed out and they arent setup like ranes are. how about a feature to use the vinyls to go through the databases. an idea i had was to use the bottom of the record regardless. i doubt anyone starts the track in the last minute of the record anyways.

also, backtracking could be better. oftentimes im reaching for the computer to hit the s and the p keys to get back to my cue because the record doesnt keep track of the cues properly. if i do one quick backtrack, the record is not aligned.

just to add another, how about a monitor available that would just say the percentage of computer use and the amount of memory used on the computer. if you have the time of day (the top left corner), you might as well throw this in as an option also.

diffent color cues (start, loop, red, blue, etc), and the name of the cue next to the cue itself. at present time, i need to hold the mouse on the cue, find out what cue it is, and then look at the list of cues accordingly. also, an option for the time left and THE BEATS LEFT. i always use the beats and not the time, but i end up counting down seconds rather than beats.

live performance setting, and a editor setting. sometimes, i just want to play around and other times im at a gig making sure i dont mess anything up.

maybe a tap feature that can see possible tempos. i end up finding the first beat, the 4th, the 8th, somewhere in the middle and then the last beat and doing it the long way for every song that vdj doesnt figure out itself. or maybe a feature to do 4/5ths of the bpm, because its often off that much in rap songs.

wet / dry effects

why is it that serato doesnt need to be grounded? could vdj do the same?

also, sometimes different tracks i rip from records arent completely on point. they go slower and faster at points. when i want to play samples, the wave forms are dead on, but vdj doesnt get the samples on the dot, it misses and it sounds horrible. also, when i have beat matching on (by mistake) and i cue up another record, it gets all garbled

i think thats about it... good work guys!....

geposted Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 3:59 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
using the last part of the TCV to controll something, like going through the database would be cool but you have to remember that you need to change folders etc too. there is no replacement for a keyboard or mouse in some cases.

More flexibility in browser is much asked for and will be coming soon im sure!

im with you on the performance monitor, page file useage and CPU! good idea although i just use a secondary tft with system monitor, explorer etc on at the moment. wouldnt need to bring it if they could sort out the browser, search and performance monitor.

tap BPM, a feature thats been asked for many many many many times, mostly by me lol
BPM ranges for when bulk analysing files, more accurate than currently, less time than individualy mapping

you dont need to ground you TTs for vdj unless you have dirty power (running rig off genny or live in third world country)
the reason you dont for SSL is the rane interface the SL1 has built in Phono preamps making the interference better. if you use a TT with line out (onboard preamps) you dont need to worry or if your fussed go and get some external premaps.

wet and dry would be cool

would also be cool if they could sort out beatlock on sample so it ether mutes them when the active deck is very slow or they sort out the timestretch on them to not garble when playing v slow.

geposted Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 10:51 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)