Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Scratching For Success

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Ok, We All Know that " Scratching " came From Vinyl, because the record is spining (obviously)

Twin CD Decks Spin Too and jog wheels can be used Too scratch, To simulate the effect that originated from the vinyl.

Now We have software that plays a file (mp3) and has the feature to scratch ( or simulate a scratch).

However, A file is only being read and it's not "Spining" at all, So the effect is a bit further fetched to say the least, but With technology as it is it should be a successful feature, Right?

The point here is that Vinyl is the undisputed "king of scratching" tool,

So The debate is: What's Best?, CD Scratching? or MP3 Scratching in VDJ?,

Which is It?

geposted Wed 26 May 04 @ 10:14 pm
Vinyl is the king, for sure..... :)

but when it comes to CD scratch vs MP3 scratch, its almost the same, for me.....

both media are digital, and as u say, ots a software/hardware feature that tries to sound like a vinyl scratch..

And since both CD and MP3 are digital, and soundwaves , it should be the same... depending only on the software/hardware u use for it. VDJ has a NICE scratch sound when using mouse at waveform or jogwheel.... :)
And so does Pioneer cdj-1000 decks... :)

dj in norway

geposted Wed 26 May 04 @ 10:19 pm
Thanks for that,

I've never tried the cd decks yet, but I Imagined they would be simular to VDJ, and I wasn't sure whether the scratch in vdj was realistic enough to use in a club?...

it suits some tracks better than others..., the effect can sound wicked, but with some hardware (the XP10) it would be very very good, I think, The mouse is a bit unstable for me but ok.

The Backspin effect plugin is very useful and sounds impressive, as is the brake.

geposted Wed 26 May 04 @ 10:28 pm
yes... a controller will make the difference...

I use Hercules myself... And are hoping for scratch possibilities for jogwheels soon ;)

and XP10 will be great I think.....

dj in norway

geposted Wed 26 May 04 @ 10:31 pm
also... there are a few turntable solutions out as well...
VDJ supports webcam - to use with a REAL turntable to controll the software, but have not tried that...

It looks like this turntable hardware is going to support VDJ, take a look (looks impressive):
http://www.e-scratch.com./

And XP10 can be seen at :
http://eks.fi/

;)

dj in norway

geposted Wed 26 May 04 @ 10:35 pm
The Xp10 Is the answer for laptop enthusiasts, It should be a great tool, it will give the hands on expirence a great improvement and make you look more active as a dj,

people would see you scratching and assume it's a cd deck jog wheel or a very high tech peace of equipment that's working with your laptop, either way it's going to have a big improvement on performance and your image!

And that will boost your confidents,

The e-scratch looks good but only for vinyl users, or people who have decks,

I Take it the xp10's are customised for headphone cueing?,

Once i get my hands on a pair of those i'll just need a back-up device in case my laptop or the software crashes,

but i'm getting their, but I need more music still, or rather need to encode more music.....

smiles,

geposted Wed 26 May 04 @ 10:55 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)