Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Resizable Skins

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
One of the major problems with VDJ's interface are the skins which force your monitor to certain resolution. Other DJ software I won't mention, let your resize the interface to your liking without changing the resolution of your screen.
There is no single standard to screen resulution these days. While 1280X1024 is very common, most IBM laptops for example use 1400x1050. Also, sometimes I run other programs at the same time, and being able to resize VDJ interface to make room for other software would be very helpful.

geposted Tue 30 May 06 @ 11:49 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
at 1400x1050 you won't see anything when working in club at dark and when 1000W of lights are on and a few UV neons too ;)

But idea is not bad and another possibility is to make your skin.

geposted Tue 30 May 06 @ 11:53 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I disagree, a properly resizable interface will just stretch out to fill the screen, it will not make the fonts smaller.

geposted Wed 31 May 06 @ 3:59 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i know that :)

geposted Wed 31 May 06 @ 7:41 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
High resolution screens don't make things illegible, non DPI scalable user interfaces do. My screen on my laptop is a 15.4" WUXGA 1920x1200 pixel screen, and I can read software like foobar2000 perfectly fine - you can customize the fonts to be as big as you like, and it looks superb!

I'm really tired of that misconception. When will software (especially MS Windows itself) actually handle this properly? It hasn't been a problem for Linux for some time now.

I agree that a resizable interface for VDJ would be really slick. For some parts of it, it would be tough to resize, but it should be pretty trivial, at the very least, to make the song lists scretch to fill the entire length of the screen.

It's still a great feature of Virtual DJ how you can develop, or find and use skins designed for not just any screen resolution, but any usage scenario, so this isn't a big problem with VDJ, but it would certainly be an improvement if you could stretch it out a bit more.

geposted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 6:06 am
I second the motion.....if the skin is 1024x768 and your screen is 1280x800 maximizing the screen should automaticaly streach out the skin to match the destination resolution, in my humble opinion, it's a pain in the a** resising all the old skins I used to use witht the skin resizer.

geposted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 11:57 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)