Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: headphone

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I can't get the headphone out to work the way I want it to if VDJ fader is not and the middle what I mean is if I wanted to use VDJ fader over my mixer fader I can't (If the fader is on deck a thats all you can hear in the headphone) I can but I want be able to prelisten deck b . Is it me or what? I was able to get this to work for me by keeping VDJ fader in the middle but what I was trying to do was get the full sound you get when the fader is all the way over.

This is my setup
M-Audio Firewire Audiophile
deck a out 1-2
deck b out 3-4
two soundcards and a mixer
I use my mixer headphone out

Some people may ask why I would want to use VDJ fader over
my mixer fader (I do this for automixe) sometime it is still good to be able to check my songs first.

geposted Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 4:41 pm
Let me try to be more specific I can't monitor deck A if vdj fader is on deck B. This came up because I was auto-mixing and I noticed that before automix took place (deck A was playing ,then I hit automix the fader went all the way over to deck A before it went to deck B). During this process the volume became [SUBSTANTIALLY LOUDER] when it went to deck A before it started towards deck B. Making it very difficult to maintain a steady volume. In order to prelisten to another song I would then have to put fader in the middle again which decreases the volume. I tried adjusting the fader from smooth to full that helped some but the volume difference was still noticeable. I don't think it should matter what side the fader is on to perlisten to deck A or B. What can I try?

setup
skin = Pionner
soundcard = m audio
xp
with VDJ on two soundcards and a mixer

geposted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 3:27 am
I really need help on this topic. this is something that concerns me. if anyone knows of any suggestions that i can try or do, it would be greatly appreciated. i'm also concerned, is this a bug in the program or is it something i'm doing wrong. I see a lot of my fellow DJs have looked at my post, but no one has responded yet. Once again any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

geposted Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 12:49 am
Can I get some help with this or is there no help for me? 113 people have looked at this post not one word for me? Some help would be cool.

Thank You

geposted Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 1:09 pm
Strange that soooo many people looked at your post and did not reply.

It's pretty easy for you to fix :
(1) Download a more pro skin (for example Pioneer 700)
(2) Look for "headset mix" - and move slider....

result : you hear both channels! :) and can prelisten Deck B when your crossfader is a Deck A

If you don't like the Pioneer skin, you can switch back to your preferred skin now, and the settings will stay like you left them in the Pioneerskin :)

Hope this is what you are looking for :)

Dj In Norway

(Oh... I see you use the Pioneer skin... cool.. as long as it is the Pioneer cjd-700 skin, just look for the "headset mix" at the top of that skin, next to "headset volume" I think)

geposted Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 1:17 pm
Dj In Norway

Thank you for reply

No that did not help I don't know if it is my setting in VDJ or my soundcard. I have tryed everything I know.

Thanks again

geposted Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 3:06 pm
Hi again...
"...I use my mixer headphone out....."

SORRY!! my mistake! Did not see that before now...
It's your external mixer that is used for prelistening Deck a and deck b

So, there is a "cue" button or some other button on mixer, that will let you prelisten to the deck you choose.

BUT, here is the problem!
You can NOT use the VDJ crossfader with this setup, in the way you want!
Because when you have crossfader all the way to deck a, there will be NO sound from the output on Deck B.. In other words, there will be no sound sendt from your soundcard from Deck B to your external mixer! And therefore you can not prelisten to DeckB at your external mixer!

SO, the ONLY solution is NOT to use the VDJ crossfader, OR, put headset directly in soundcard, and choose 7.1 option in VDJ (if that works with your soundcard, it works with Hercules, and you can prelisten at the Hercules soundcard)

Sorry for not seeing you where using external mixer for your headset before now...

Hope this helps :)

Maybe others have a suggestion for a solution.
But as far as I know you must :
(a) use crossfader on mixer
OR
(b) put headset directly in soundcard (choose 7.1 option in VDJ)

Dj In Norway

geposted Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 4:46 pm
Thanks Man

I think that I am trying to do something I can't with VDJ like you said when you have crossfader all the way to deck a, there will be nO sound from the output on Deck B. All this came up because I want to prelisten to tracks befor automix (I sometime forget how some songs start). It would be cool If this could be done. I will try the soundcard at 7.1 tonight.

geposted Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 5:44 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)