Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Loop import when you know the BPM

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have a sample CD that came with a new mag (DigitalDJ) and the breakbeats are listed as being 140 BPM .WAV files. If I load one in to a sample position on VDJ2.0 it imports as a Jingle. To get it as a loop it seems like I have to open the .wav to a deck, set it to be 140BPM manually (doesn't seem to be long enough to analyse), then create a loop mode sample, and save it back out again as a .VDJ file.

Is this the only way to do it, given that I know the samples are 140 BPM anyway? I've got loads of sampled loops where the BPM is written on the CD inlay.

Cheers

r

geposted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 5:48 pm
you can load it directly into sample position....
(like you did)

then, select the right button just under where it says "JINGLE".
Choose "LOOP", and even "BEATLOCK" if you want it to match the beat you are playing...

Try that :)

Don't know it the last thing (BEATLOCK) would be good, because the wav file might be BMP calculated wrong, but it might also be calulated right. give it a try :)

geposted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 6:09 pm
Hmm, when I do that, it still says it is a Jingle. When I then save it and reload it, even to a different sample slot, it still says it is a Jingle. As a Jingle it has one less option (sync to) and I'm not 100% sure that it loops properly.

geposted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 6:22 pm
I see that now... did not know it was less options for a jingle...
But if it works (without the sync options) it loops and beatlocks.. Tried that myself..
Its still a loop, only it says jingle because its imported directly :)

If you must make it called "loop" w/ sync options, think the only way is to loop it in VDJ first.... sorry

Maybe a new feature would be "save as loop" and "save as jingle"... that would fix it :)

geposted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 6:26 pm
Fair enough :o)

Thanks for your help. I've been getting a bit excited by the sampler y'see. I've set it so my UC33's sliders are the volume sliders for the first 7 samples, and my Saitek P8000 (with custom VDJ overlay) uses the top row of 7 buttons to trigger the samples as either one shot or looped (with the shift button pressed). Now, with the addition of capturing a sample, I might allocate an additional shift button and give the top row a 3rd function - capture a sample. Anything to liberate me from the keyboard so I can wiggle my ass in time to the music :o)

geposted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 6:32 pm
wow...that sounds really cool !!! :)

Ask for new feature at the "new feature" forum..
"save as loop" and "save as jingle"...and "load as loop" and "load as jingle"..... that would fix it:)

Hmm... would love to play with your setup! :) (...that almost sounded gay... lol)

geposted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 6:33 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)