Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Scratching with VDJ - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Does anybody know the best strategy for scratching using Virtual DJ?

geposted Sat 15 Jul 06 @ 8:23 pm
Click with your mouse buttton on the disc and go up and down:D

or go to FX and take a Beatgrip

-DJ- Shockwave

geposted Sat 15 Jul 06 @ 10:59 pm
What about more complicated scratching? Like inbetween beats, while another deck is playing or if I want to scratch but keep the song going as if I never stopped it.

geposted Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 1:40 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
scratching with a keyboard and mouse isn't really gonna get you any of that... cheapest solution is a turntable with timecoded vinyl... it's also best control over scratching.. as it's really vinyl. or xp10, hercules mk2, time coded CD

geposted Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 1:58 am
I'm kinda new 2 this so it might be a stupid question, but do u need the professional edition 2 use the xp10?

geposted Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 2:56 am
you can scratch just fine with hercules dj console or even with mouse and keyboard... if interested in how ley me know

geposted Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 10:16 pm
Yea! I would save me some $$$ if u have some useful techniques wit da mouse & keyboard.

geposted Sun 30 Jul 06 @ 1:45 am
use the mouse to manipulate yhe sound by clicking and dragging on the record. set up a keyboard short cut to put the crossfader in the center position and make sure you check the momentary box.. now drag the record arouns and tap on the shortcut key to cut in and out... for more info check my blog

geposted Sun 30 Jul 06 @ 3:00 am
Do you have any sugesstions for a shortcut that would make it real easy?

geposted Sun 30 Jul 06 @ 3:23 am
i used the "c" button for center momentary. i belive the number for center crossfader is 2048...

geposted Sun 30 Jul 06 @ 9:54 pm
Thanx!

geposted Sun 30 Jul 06 @ 11:42 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Get an external controller like MK2 or XP10 and get rid of keyboard and mouse ;) It is confusing to look all these keys when you need 2 of them to scratch lol ;)

geposted Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 12:48 am
Yea I know an external controller would b alot easier. But scratching wit VDJ is free n free is somethin I'll work wit 4 now. I was considerin buying da XP10, can u spot me a price range so I have an idea?

geposted Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 1:18 am
i am not sure the cheapest price you could find the xp10s for i think around 3 or 4 hundred $ a piece. but i am selling my hercules dj console mk2 for $200. if you are interested and you can defintaly scratch with it.
gauge

geposted Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 3:18 am
oooohhhweeeee!that's one zero extra than I was thinkin...well not thinkin,more like hopeful wishin(tee hee).I still have to buy VDJ first! Lesson learned: Bein a DJ is expensive! Ur offer is reasonable compared to da other prices but unfourunatley still out of my budget right now. Looks like deez babies are gonna b put down on da "things I want 4 christmas" list!

geposted Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 4:33 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You can buy MK2 to start. It is possible to scratch really good. You can always upgrade your setup with 2 of XP10 ;) Like i did. See my blogs.

$200 is good price for it. And yes.. VDj first :D

geposted Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 10:54 am
How about just getting the cheaper Hercules DJ Control MP3?

geposted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 5:03 am
I ain't too familiar wit all dis equipment. Could u describe it and compare it too the MK2 and the XP10?

geposted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 6:18 pm
i was asking if i could do practice in the comp and if possible how would ido it

geposted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 2:16 pm
Click with your mouse on disk and move it up and down.....

geposted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 1:20 pm
77%