Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Fame settings

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Can anyone advise me how to autoplay a playlist without beat syncing, do I have to change the FAME settings. Has anyone created a list of FAME settings for different occasions.

Colin Strawberry Jazz

geposted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 6:41 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
SadJay on the french forum just posted something about it:
"Lorque tu liste tes morceaux sur l'exporateur VDJ, un clique droit sur un fichier te laisse accéder à une rubrique appelée "editer BPM". Une fenêtre s'ouvre présentant 3 onglets. Ouvre le 3eme onglet (à moitié caché), nommé "ajuste automix". Cet onglet te permet de définir des mixpoints d'entrée et de sortie pour le mix automatique selon les trois modes de mix possibles (au cut, au tempo et au crossfader)."

Basically it says that what you're trying to achieve is done through the "Adjust BPM value" window, in the 3rd tab (Edit Automix) where you can set the mix type (Fade/Cut/Tempo).
On the Mixstation skin, you get to that window by rightclicking on the BPM value.

I've never used the automix feature but that's where I'd start if I were you.

Hope it helps,

Nicolas

geposted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 7:18 pm
Also, the only way to have access to that tab is to have the file loaded on a deck. Then, you can edit the BPM (and the automix settings).

macourteau

geposted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 7:38 pm
Thanks Guys,

I've looked at this but this seems to allow you to change the settings for one song. All I want to do is to autoplay a list of tracks without beat syncng them. I use another product Sam DJ2 for a radio show at it just plays track after track and I want to use VBJ to do this. If I do this in VDJ it trys to beat sync everything and if you are going from a fast track to a slow track it sounds terrible.

geposted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 8:12 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
VBJ?....then the price of this software would go up :)

geposted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 8:22 pm
loool..... vbj ... sounds interesting :) lool

geposted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 8:31 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
ok...now on the serious note.......i use automix and the playlist for Coctail Hours and Dinner Music....

I use the default settings and VDJ just plays one song after another and doesn't try to beat match them. Not sure why yours is trying to beat match your songs.....

all mine does is fades over for about 4 beats and the next song automatically cues up waiting for the next auto mix cue to come up, which sounds like what you are trying to do.

geposted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 9:33 pm
@Colin: you can set these infos on many of your songs (all the ones you wish to play) and then leave VirtualDJ in automix mode with these songs... this way they will mix just as you want them to, automatically :)

You can also put them on automix without adjusting these settings, but it will not necessarily give as good results.

Regards, macourteau

geposted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 9:37 pm
Thanks macourteau,

Don't the songs sound strange if they all have exactly the same beat? Do I select the whole play list and change the beat, does this change it permantly?

Nawtboy - seems to be playing his list fine, perhaps all his songs have a similar beat, but as you say without adjusting the beats you get some realy strange results.

I would have thought that the FAME setting could have fixed this, they should make a number of FAME presets 'autoplay over lapping with no beat mix', 'autoplay with long crossfade (club mixing)', 'autoplay with short crossover (background music)'. etc........

geposted Thu 12 Aug 04 @ 6:40 pm
Colin: you have to edit each song one by one to set their settings correctly

macourteau

geposted Thu 12 Aug 04 @ 6:45 pm
Hopefully they will change this in the next version I did another gig last night and they just wanted me to play background music it would have been great if I could have used VDJ but until this is fixed I'll use Sam2 and for my radio show and Virtual DJ where I need to keep them dancing

geposted Sat 14 Aug 04 @ 5:51 pm
I too haven't been able to get Virtual DJ to do the simplest of processes....just play a play list by doing a fade-out (last 5 seconds of music. (not 5 sec before the last beat)) and a fade-in of the next song.

Unfortunately I still have to turn to programs like WinAmp to cover Virtual DJ's missing link.

Don't get me wrong, i love Virtual DJ, but I definitely can not "sell" it to my other dj friends (Weddings, Private parties, ballroom functions) if it doesn't do a fade-out/fade-in playlist.

Please, Please, Please correct this,
Swingshoes - NYC

geposted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 8:16 pm
i dont use automix...
but when I try now, at home and set automix with selected songs in playlist and have these fame settings:
- FORCE FADE
- FADE LENGHT 16 sec
- CROSSFADER SMOOTH

it plays one song after another.... it does not beatmix, it plays one song and then next song with a fade from one song to the other...
I can see that VDJ selects the "last beat" or close to the end as a fade start point.. but leaving a 16 sec fade lenght seem to work ok...

geposted Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 8:55 pm
i think u can choose where Vdj should start fading in and out
but i think u have to edit them one by one

i dont use it coz i dont know what its gonna sound like but sometimes when i wanna get away from the booth b4 the party starts kickin i use some of my practice sets

its safer coz i know exactly whats on there even the mistakes

:)
dj smokey

geposted Thu 19 Aug 04 @ 6:28 pm
djlarsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sam DJ2 has nice crossfading settings, most of these are also available as a small winamp plugin.

It's what I look for in Vdj!
http://www.spacialaudio.com/products/sam2/shots.html
"gap killer" with adjustable start/end triggerlevels and fade time.

User programmable fade curves are also nice, but 2-3 different choices for setting these are fine by me.

geposted Tue 14 Sep 04 @ 7:33 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)