Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: for you "vinyl purists"

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

doolowHome userMember since 2006

geposted Mon 19 Mar 07 @ 5:16 pm
:) Corrected Link

geposted Mon 19 Mar 07 @ 5:18 pm
funny video!

geposted Mon 19 Mar 07 @ 5:30 pm
doolow wrote :
NOTICE : no turntables...lol

That's something totally different, TT's still rule.

geposted Mon 19 Mar 07 @ 6:26 pm
MannasPRO InfinityMember since 2006
straight MPCs

geposted Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 1:24 pm

Amazing djs... wow

geposted Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 5:49 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
We need a better sampler ;)

geposted Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 6:11 pm
interesting :p

geposted Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 8:27 pm
Yes, pretty well coordinated button pushing there and they got some good mixer control skills too with their crab and reverse hamster scratches. However, controlling the mixers only 1/2 the equation of the true art form of scratching.

Definately interesting though. At least they take their art to a next level by incorporating more skill than all other users can do, just like turntablists. Good for them.

This reminded me of the "producer competitions" that I've seen before.

Here's what Rich, Mike, Jon Jon, and all us "vinyl purists" have to say to that 1/2 of the equation:

http://www.internetdj.com/article.php?storyid=171

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

geposted Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 3:21 am
I thought they were as good as any of the scratch groups I have seen, like C2C or Birdy Nam Nam. They are performing original material, that they have practiced. The crowd seemed to like them, and didn't care what they were using. I think that is all that matters. We need to stop using the term "vinyl purist" around here. Real "vinyl purist", do not use computers. They only use vinyl records. TCV and a computer, will not get you into that club.

geposted Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 9:01 am
doolowHome userMember since 2006
My point exactly man and his music.. hence the qoutes :) the post was for people that hit the boards and knock the software...bottom line is do the people like what you doing?..if so good..if not...practice makes improvement...*lol*

geposted Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 10:09 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005

geposted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 1:01 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
Real "vinyl purist", do not use computers. They only use vinyl records.

This is coming from who? A non-turntablist?!

LOL!

The reason lots of world renowned turntablists (who have never had a yellow page ad) AND turntablists the world around (who do more than private parties) use digital solutions is exactly because we're not giving up ANY of our traditional equipment (turntables, needles, vinyl).

TCV = Time Code VINYL.

It doesn't matter if there's musical sounds or timecode signal in the grooves of the vinyl record, it's still a vinyl record.

Regardless we're called "turntablists", not "vinylists".

geposted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 6:22 am

geposted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 12:36 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)