Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can i display more file info after searching

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

When compiling my playlist for weddings , I like to choose the version of a song I like the best ex. Billboard or Ultimix etc.
When I search, it comes up with 20 different songs , mainly the same but I would like to pick from the Billboard folder or power tracks for example. In PCDJ (which i no longer use) it would tell me where the file was located. Can I do the same in VDJ without going into each files comments . ???thanks Michael

this will streamline my back up on a second hard drive

geposted Fri 04 May 07 @ 9:53 pm
i think you mean disc then path???

geposted Sat 05 May 07 @ 12:32 am
the path... yes. I don't see that in my search results. I would like to type for example... My Girl , which will render 20 copies of My Girl by the Temptations. I would like to use the version on my Billboard or Power Trax..... this will allow me to keep a back up of these folders and to keep maybe one extra copy of the song in case. I have too much "stuff" on the hard drive , you know , Stuff you'll probably never use. I look forward to your reply and helping me to be able to identify these particular songs.
thanks in advance Michael aka, DJing before running water

geposted Sat 05 May 07 @ 7:41 am
maybe i don't understand....... after comments in the search results you do not have disc (the drive) followed by the path to the folder??

do you need to just expand the window

if you are trying to conserve space use virtual folders , helps eliminate duplication

chuck djing b4 a bunch of bitchy strippers

geposted Sat 05 May 07 @ 3:34 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
If you right mouse button a song there is a file info option on the pop-up. That will tell you were the song is at and which source it is. I hope this helps.

geposted Sat 05 May 07 @ 4:14 pm
michaelhawkins1 wrote :
the path... yes. I don't see that in my search results. I would like to type for example... My Girl , which will render 20 copies of My Girl by the Temptations. I would like to use the version on my Billboard or Power Trax..... this will allow me to keep a back up of these folders and to keep maybe one extra copy of the song in case. I have too much "stuff" on the hard drive , you know , Stuff you'll probably never use. I look forward to your reply and helping me to be able to identify these particular songs.
thanks in advance Michael aka, DJing before running water

The only way I see for the system not to pull up each song under that name is to:

RIGHT CLICK on the song under the respective folder
on the drop down CLICK ( rename )
change the artist / song
CLICK ok

example:
my girl ( house )
my girl ( techno )
my girl ( 70s )
my girl (acapella )
my girl ( instrumental )

now when you search:
my girl h
my girl t
my girl ac
my girl in

The draw back is that you have to rename all your songs that you want to change. I usually get to work early and as I analyse new music entered, I go through and rename some popular searches ( multi tasking)

PS... I usually put my popular version in CAPS for quick eye recognition. You cannot rename under global search. So now you see where the time of entry comes into play. My suggestion is to do each folder one at a time and go through the songs that you want to rename.

geposted Sun 06 May 07 @ 1:20 am
Thanks All, I used the program tonight for 7 hours, I did run into a few songs that were not exactly what I wanted but that was due to the inability to cue the song straight from the computer ( I really need help here) I have a gigaport and should be able to arrange something.. It crashed once , stuck while trying to load a file , just stuck at 99% cpu , while the song continued to play. Luckily i had a back up.
I will expand the window to check on location... I ususally lock the playlist open.
And the comment about all Caps for Priority songs was pretty good. Thanks for all the help... and take care of my strippers.
Michael
aka DJ I love boobs

geposted Sun 06 May 07 @ 9:14 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)