Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Command Line Hardware Profiles

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

joetekPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I typically use my VDJ laptop in two environments:
a) Connected to my full setup with a U46DJ connected in to mixer, amp, etc.
b) Just messing around practicing with headphones connected to the onboard sound card

Right now, each time I switch, I get a sound card error when I start up VDJ. It's not that big of a deal to then go into Config, and redo the settings, but it would be nice if I could save each config as a hardware profile. Setting up for the U46DJ with multiple outputs and re-assigning the channels takes a bit of time, and nothing is saved when I make the changes.

If you could save the profiles and specify which profile in the command line, then I could just create two different icons on my desktop:
C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ\virtualdj.exe -p:simple
C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ\virtualdj.exe -p:full

... or something like that.

Even better if it could detect if the sound card is connected and use an appropriate pre-saved profile, but that might be asking for too much :)

Just a "nice to have".

geposted Sat 02 Jun 07 @ 12:27 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
you can create a .reg file of the registry to update your settings before starting virtualdj

geposted Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 5:28 pm
joetekPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hadn't thought of that! Or going back to the icons, the two icons could run a batch file that installs the appropriate .reg and then runs vdj. I'll experiment and let you know!

It would still be nice to have this as a built in feature in future releases. I'm sure I'm not the only one!

geposted Wed 13 Jun 07 @ 5:48 pm
I sorta do the same thing with my pc. I have one that I use the mk2 and xsession and the other that I run with DAC 2 and x session. I either run one or the other and have to change my settings inside vdj or I get the sound card error. Is this the type of thing you are talkin about or am i not understanding. If it is I like the idea.
Cant you have 2 different instances installed on ur pc, one for simple and one for gig??? I think you can install it in different directories and create 2 seperate icons on the desktop. I will try and let you know.

geposted Fri 15 Jun 07 @ 7:17 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)